Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:16 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,838,194 times

Advertisements

Go Rockies!

(Notice I left off WHERE they could go )

All joking aside, I think it is great for them to be in the Series with the Red Sox. It is the teams first venture into the World Series and that in and of itself is a big achievement. Opening the Series in FENWAY PARK, that just has to set the shivers right down a ball players spine. What other park really has the history that Fenway does? No matter how they do, they deserve to be there representing the National League. The Rockies played some really good ball this year, but the Sox have played really good ball ALL year. I will almost bet my paycheck that most of the Major league baseball players are also huge fans of the game itself. How could a player who eats, sleeps, and lives baseball all season, NOT be intimidated stepping foot onto the field in Fenway? I'm sure it is a moment every single one of the Rockies players will remember until they die. To be totally honest, this has been a difficult series already for me. Of course the majority of me is pulling for the Sox, there is a part that kind of is rooting for the Rockies as well. The Sox took it all home just a couple of years ago in 2004, the Rockies have never felt that as a team. As a giant baseball fan, I kind of want every team to experience the thrill of winning a World Series title.

Oh who the heck am I kidding, the Rockies can go again next year, this year is the Red Sox again!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:50 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,421,636 times
Youkilis out and Ortiz in? Hmm......well Kevin has batted better then David in the post season.
Ortiz is hurt and if the series comes back to Fenway you'd want Ortiz healthy for the DH.
The Rockies out field is HUGE. Of course Drew is hitting and is fast.
Manny's defensive play is good.
Coco is REAL fast chasing down balls but Ellsbury's bat has been hot ever since coming up.
It sure is getting good!!!!
GO REDSOX!!!!!

Old 10-27-2007, 09:51 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,095,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Another good poster in the crowd: the Papelbon Irish ***.
I LOVE that about him....how easy would it be for a guy to lose himself and blend in on a major league team? But he is himself, and has that "this is me" type of attitude--very cool

I can see a closet full of Red Sox shirts...."oh, today feels like a Manny kind of day" or "today is a day to be focused and perform--it's a Schilling kind of day!!" or today everything I do is going to be perfect--is that a Lowell day or an Ellsbury day?? lol.....yea, I could do that!!

although on the days I have to look professional it wouldn't work....hmmm....maybe a silk Sox scarf around the neck?!

Old 10-27-2007, 10:03 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,874,567 times
Now Molly, if you must look professional simply tuck it in

Old 10-27-2007, 04:08 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,907,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I LOVE that about him....how easy would it be for a guy to lose himself and blend in on a major league team? But he is himself, and has that "this is me" type of attitude--very cool

I can see a closet full of Red Sox shirts...."oh, today feels like a Manny kind of day" or "today is a day to be focused and perform--it's a Schilling kind of day!!" or today everything I do is going to be perfect--is that a Lowell day or an Ellsbury day?? lol.....yea, I could do that!!

although on the days I have to look professional it wouldn't work....hmmm....maybe a silk Sox scarf around the neck?!
Excellent post. Way to ease the tension with some humor.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:18 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,907,092 times
Default nervous about the games in Denver

I know we've been kidding around some on here, about not wanting to jinx the Sox with talk that sounds over-confident, but I really am nervous about these games in Denver. In addition to being on the Rockies' home turf, and the issue of having to sit a regular member of the lineup, I'm concerned about the fact that the schedule has suddenly shifted from having the games really spread out to the usual time off between games. Without so much of a break between games, if this thing goes very long the Sox will almost certainly have to dip deeper into their middle relief corps. Delcarmen and Snyder haven't pitched in what seems like eons now. Even Timlin and Lopez have had only a little work. For all the talk about the Rockies' long layoff, it might actually have helped them to get blown out in the first game, because they kept going to the bullpen, so now most of their staff has had a chance to shake off the rust. Soon it may be the Sox' turn to rely on pitchers who have been off too long to stay sharp.

I think it's okay to mention Yogi Berra, since he's become such a part of Americana that he's long since transcended his particular association with MFY. Yogi knew what he was talking about. It really ain't over till it's over. Keep the faith, and hope we'll be pleased with the results when it really is over.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:58 PM

When visiting football teams play in Denver, they get to have O2 on the sidelines. Wonder if visiting baseball teams are allowed to use it?

Old 10-27-2007, 06:18 PM

264 posts, read 397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
When visiting football teams play in Denver, they get to have O2 on the sidelines. Wonder if visiting baseball teams are allowed to use it?
Probably not needed. The sports involve two completely different levels of exertion. Baseball players play in bursts..football players play the game using endurance.

Because they are at altiutude there are fewer molecules of oxygen to cause resistance to base runners. Sprinters run faster at high altitudes and marathon runners run slower, and because baseball players aren't endurance athletes, they will actually be able to run faster in Denver than in Boston.

The body doesn't even need oxygen at all for short bursts. They can burn stored energy without trouble for short bursts. Running the bases won't be a problem for any of these guys...they won't be slowed down

Old 10-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Oh, I realize that. I just wondered if they were allowed to have it on hand in case someone felt the need. I'm thinking if Ortiz were to hit a triple, that could take a lot out of him!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:38 PM

264 posts, read 397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
Oh, I realize that. I just wondered if they were allowed to have it on hand in case someone felt the need. I'm thinking if Ortiz were to hit a triple, that could take a lot out of him!
Probably. It's only oxygen. I suspect every clubhouse in every stadium has oxygen. It would be a part of their first aid equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine