Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:52 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times

Advertisements

OMG! That's legal there? I've never been anywhere like that!!

Old 09-01-2007, 05:42 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
OMG! That's legal there? I've never been anywhere like that!!
Legal???
Who knows; with the cops being drunk, high, disguised as pigeons, and eating Dunkin Donuts, we do as we please.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:48 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,751,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Legal???
Who knows; with the cops being drunk, high, disguised as pigeons, and eating Dunkin Donuts, we do as we please.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:52 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times
OMG! You people are so much fun!!!

Old 09-01-2007, 05:56 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
I would also like to report the vast feast of flesh that I encountered at the Blue Hill Fair today- there had to have been some indecent exposure in there somewhere... wouldn't you know, though- all of those sheriffs walking around- they didn't even do anything!
Big deal

I was at market today, and the vendors on either side of me [my stall was setup in the middle of a long row of stalls] were both ladies with small children. Both of these ladies were breastfeeding naked children, while they were selling milk, meats and yogurts. Their tops off, with their infant in one arm sucking away, while the ladies were talking to customers, handling produce and making change.

Now part of the time their infants did wear diapers and part of the time they did not. Part of the time these ladies had their shirts covering themselves and part of the time they did not.

The market was crowded with vendors and customers.

Is that a problem?

Old 09-01-2007, 06:09 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,899,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Big deal

I was at market today, and the vendors on either side of me [my stall was setup in the middle of a long row of stalls] were both ladies with small children. Both of these ladies were breastfeeding naked children, while they were selling milk, meats and yogurts. Their tops off, with their infant in one arm sucking away, while the ladies were talking to customers, handling produce and making change.

Now part of the time their infants did wear diapers and part of the time they did not. Part of the time these ladies had their shirts covering themselves and part of the time they did not.

The market was crowded with vendors and customers.

Is that a problem?
I'm sure it at least breaks a few health codes... you should call the cops and make a report. Or give them a brochure for the bowling team...

Old 09-01-2007, 06:22 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
I'm sure it at least breaks a few health codes... you should call the cops and make a report. Or give them a brochure for the bowling team...
I was not offended.

I was not a customer buying any of their produce.

I am not filing a complaint with anyone.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
ok, so to explain the walking in front of a window naked remark I made earlier....you could be charged with indecent exposure....that puts you on "the list"!

great job with this thread today guys!!

(oh, that does not include nursing a child by the way....at least in MY part of Maine)

Last edited by mollysmiles; 09-01-2007 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: yup

Old 09-02-2007, 04:27 AM

228 posts, read 220,775 times
When some child molester grab's your grandchild you will not be making a joke about child molester's. When your child start's taking drug's and you find out he got them from your local police's child you won't be laughing . When you are robbed and someone goes threw and invades your whole house and you can never feel safe again you will not think it is a joke.When it's your child that is killed in Iraq will that be something we should ignore and make fun of?? I don't think so. When it's your elderly parent who is being robbed by a DHS worker will that be funny to me?? No it won't.When that police officer drives drunk again , and he will, and kill's your husband that had just gone to the store for a gallon of milk will that be funny to me?? No it won't.

There is a time to be funny , but there is also a time to smell the roses and when they start to stink it's time to get rid of them.Someday one of these thing's above will happen to you and I for one will not be laughing about it.And when that time happen's I'm sure you will remember me.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:16 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's tell the truth View Post
When some child molester grab's your grandchild you will not be making a joke about child molester's. When your child start's taking drug's and you find out he got them from your local police's child you won't be laughing . When you are robbed and someone goes threw and invades your whole house and you can never feel safe again you will not think it is a joke.When it's your child that is killed in Iraq will that be something we should ignore and make fun of?? I don't think so. When it's your elderly parent who is being robbed by a DHS worker will that be funny to me?? No it won't.When that police officer drives drunk again , and he will, and kill's your husband that had just gone to the store for a gallon of milk will that be funny to me?? No it won't.

There is a time to be funny , but there is also a time to smell the roses and when they start to stink it's time to get rid of them.Someday one of these thing's above will happen to you and I for one will not be laughing about it.And when that time happen's I'm sure you will remember me.

lttt,,,you are the one that started naming names,,up in caribou, and making blanket statements, why no one should move there (even tho you claim your house is for sale)
and your other blanket statements, about maine and its regions, are just that blanket broad brush statements that seem to be very bias'd..

the crimes you mention are very serious,,however,,you cant condemn the whole, town region and state,,
most of us,,love our state of maine, we make the best of what we have and the situation,,,
you lose credibility with your blanket statements,,and the negative generalizations, about our whole state,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine