Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 02:32 PM

12 posts, read 14,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I understand.

At the VFW I see so many vets that deal with the VA, I do not mind paying $3 co-pay for each 90-script. Just so I can avoid the VA.

May God Bless you
There is much truth to your words...right now it's just meds I get, no heavy medical involvement. But as time progresses and I become lees than pristine, I may well go back to tricare, if it's still there.

What neighborhood do you call homeup there? Right now I live in Alabama, but want to return back to Maine. Hard to beat the 65 degree day I had yesterday, but that delight is offset by the tornado sirens, city killer tornados that brew up in late April early may.

Anyway to all you good people, thanks for all the pointers. Maine has a good crop of nice souls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 PM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydthBarber View Post
There is much truth to your words...right now it's just meds I get, no heavy medical involvement. But as time progresses and I become lees than pristine, I may well go back to tricare, if it's still there.
There are many medical offices with doctors that we can choose.

Bangor has two hospitals; one care and comfort and one teaching hospital. With heart attacks and stays in cardiac wards, etc, we have found that it is very convenient to be able to use these wonderful civilian doctors rather than making trips to Togus. I really like the selection that is available to us.

Quote:
... What neighborhood do you call homeup there? Right now I live in Alabama, but want to return back to Maine. Hard to beat the 65 degree day I had yesterday, but that delight is offset by the tornado sirens, city killer tornados that brew up in late April early may.

Anyway to all you good people, thanks for all the pointers. Maine has a good crop of nice souls.
I live 20 miles North of Bangor, a small rural community.

Lincoln is also a very nice town, you may wish to consider.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:20 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,943,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Eastport
We will get there someday.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,129,715 times
Ellsworth. Fastest growing town in Maine. Soon to have any service you want, and still everything is pretty cheap. Close to shopping in Bangor, and close to the sea coast, and close to Canada.

That's where I'd go.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:12 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,200,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Ellsworth. Fastest growing town in Maine. Soon to have any service you want, and still everything is pretty cheap. Close to shopping in Bangor, and close to the sea coast, and close to Canada.

That's where I'd go.
I like Ellsworth, but I think you have to get a ways out of town to get the cheap part.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:24 AM

973 posts, read 2,381,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post

That's where I'd go.
Answer to trivia question...What's the largest City in Maine?....Ellsworth

You can get most people on that one...

Who said anything about population? Largest City is one with most square miles...and that's Ellsworth.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 AM

34 posts, read 71,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
T-7, r-9
Where is this please?

Old 01-07-2012, 08:29 AM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereDoIBelong View Post
Where is this please?
T7 R9 is directly South of T8 R9. It appears to share a short border with T8 R10 which lays to the NorthWest. To the NorthEast is T8 R8.

Directly West of T7 R9 is T7 R10. Directly East is T7 R8.

The map I have is fairly poor resolution, the township South of T7R9 is a green blob, so I can not tell it's name. It would be a section of Baxter State park.

Most of Maine is un-organized townships [UT]. Many of these un-organized townships [UTs] use a letter/number system to label them.

Some towns were once organized so they have noun names. Then in the passage of time, they realized their error so they went back to being UT. UTs that were smarter and never allowed themselves to become organized still use the letter/number labeling system.

The short answer to your query is one of the UTs that lays directly North of Baxter.

I have never been there, yet. Though I imagine it is beautiful.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:44 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereDoIBelong View Post
Where is this please?
We used to fly out of Folsoms on Moosehead Lake and it was about a 35 minuite flight to Long Pond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine