Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2007, 08:23 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah. We grew up on homemade wassail. (I'm assuming you're spelling that correctly!) I've just never had the mulled wine. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:31 PM

612 posts, read 1,215,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Oh yeah. We grew up on homemade wassail. (I'm assuming you're spelling that correctly!) I've just never had the mulled wine. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Yep...looked it up to make sure...wassail. I think I will make some tomorrow.Talk to you later...Janice

Old 12-10-2007, 08:47 PM

116 posts, read 421,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I think this is ok.....if not, I'm sure someone will tell me!

In another part of City-Data there is an Off Topic forum. I thought that maybe we could try the same thing here....hopefully, it won't be "off-topic"! Maybe try to say one thing about Maine in every post? Anyway, we need more of a chance for us regular posters to exchange thoughts without having to hijack a thread. (which I got in trouble for once all ready and I'm trying to be a better girl!)

So, any random thoughts are welcome and much appreciated.
Molly smiles I feel as though I know you. I don’t live anywhere Maine however; I do enjoy reading all of your emails. Most of all I love your pictures. I would like to get something going like it in Kansas. Could you tell me how to get the pictures into the message? I have been trying everything I can think of and still no luck. Thank you straw hat

Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,751,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The showing that I talked about earlier on this thread, Didn't Happen. No one came at 11, still not here at 12 and still no-one at 1:17. The so-called realtor lacked the professionalism and the common courtesy to call to cancel. I am so sick of being at the beck and call of people like that. The bloom is definately off the rose.
So sorry for your disappointing day.

Hang in there elston!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 09:13 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,745,110 times
Quote:
I would like to get something going like it in Kansas. Could you tell me how to get the pictures into the message?

2 questions get 2 answers.

1. To get a sticky photo thread in the Kansas forum, you'll need to approach the moderator of that forum. Use the Direct Message system rather than posting on the public board. The assigned Kansas moderator is Plains10.

2. To attach photos in a City Data post, you first need to post the photos on some kind of live server. Photobucket seems to be the most popular. Photbucket will also allow you to resize your photos if you wish. For City Data purposes, it's best to resize down to Forum size.

You open a free Photobucket account and post your photo there. Your Photobucket album should be private so no one will be able to access it without your permission.

To have that photo show up on City Data, open a post as you normally would. Click on the Insert Image icon (yellow square with mountain). A box with a spot for an url will appear. Now copy the Direct Link url from your Photobucket photo into the Insert Image url box. Something like this will appear in your post:

[IMG]http://i95photobucket/ strawhat image/112233[IMG]

You can now post your reply. When you open go back and review your post, your photo should now load along with any text you may choose to add.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:39 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Actually, today I heard about mulled wine. Never had that! They used mulling spices and simmered it into Merlot (my absolute FAVORITE wine!) Bought a fresh bottle today.........
Mulled mead is even better.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:09 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Darn you Zymer! Give me one MORE reason to be frustrated that I am still in NC. GRRRR!

I was just thinking about mead yesterday, toasting the Gods with the German honey liqueur which was the only thing I could find in the local liquor store, and thinking that making mead will be one of the first things on my "Maine to-do" list. It just doesn't get and stay cool enough here in the winter... I am unwilling to even try. (that, and the one time I tried to make saurkraut I ended up with a bunch of rotting cabbage... which had to have been on account of climate as I made it regularly in WA, CO, etc... )

Old 12-11-2007, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
We had mead served to us at a medieval banquet when we visited Ireland in May. Mulled mead sounds interesting.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:51 AM

Hello Christmas Moose, whomever you are. I saw you paid a visit @ about 7:17am. I think it is a neat way to spread Christmas Cheer by an unknown visitor.

Have a Blessed Day,
Janice

Last edited by Eastport4me; 12-11-2007 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: Time correction

Old 12-11-2007, 06:53 AM

323 posts, read 992,691 times
Thank you Moose!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine