Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:14 AM
col

131 posts, read 674,606 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions? for a person with 18 years experience, a masters degree and more..seek day treatment program...working with retarded adults.

Please advise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post
Any suggestions? for a person with 18 years experience, a masters degree and more..seek day treatment program...working with retarded adults.

Please advise
I've seen a number of advertisements for positions like that in the Bangor area. Check the jobs section of the Bangor Daily News.

Bangor Daily News

Old 09-12-2007, 12:14 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
"Any suggestions? for a person with 18 years experience, a masters degree and more..seek day treatment program...working with retarded adults."

In the Lincoln area Google Katahdin Friends or Northeast Occupational Exchange. Both organizations do good work and are reputable.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:32 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post

Please advise
Augusta.

Seems to be a bunch of mentally retarded adults there.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:57 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Augusta.

Seems to be a bunch of mentally retarded adults there.

now, you wouldn't by chance be referring to your state legislators would you? or the bureaucrats they appoint?

Old 09-12-2007, 02:09 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
now, you wouldn't by chance be referring to your state legislators would you? or the bureaucrats they appoint?
It would be difficult to say exactly which group were more retarded.

In either case a big bunch of retards.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:09 AM
col

Default Thanks for the positive answers

we are not looking for a bunch of retarded folks but a place that offers a positive and caring place for them. Thanks anyways.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:07 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,751,635 times
New Gloucester ( outside of Portland) used to have the large Pineland facility that, thankfully, was decentralized about 20 years ago. The residents were moved into group homes, some in the Portland area.

Anyone else have any more updated information on the wherebouts of Pineland's residents?

It sounds like you have fantastic experience and credentials! Any caring day treatment program would be very fortunate indeed to have you as a staff member. Good luck!

Old 09-17-2007, 06:41 AM
col

Smile Thank you for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
New Gloucester ( outside of Portland) used to have the large Pineland facility that, thankfully, was decentralized about 20 years ago. The residents were moved into group homes, some in the Portland area.

Anyone else have any more updated information on the wherebouts of Pineland's residents?

It sounds like you have fantastic experience and credentials! Any caring day treatment program would be very fortunate indeed to have you as a staff member. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 PM

34 posts, read 91,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainewannabe View Post

I'm an old car fan !! We had cars around from before I was born when we lived farther out. That house burned and when we were away some lovely person came and towed away all the cars. Or I believe I would be driving one this day. Oh and yes, some of them ran. Old chryslers with the fins .... those big chevy bellairs?? I think??

We lil ones used to sit in them and 'take road trips'. It was cool.
At nights during the summer we would 'camp out' in them. That was VERY cool.
I remember passing many a day out under the shade trees in those old cars, munching on cheerios and imaginating up .... EVERYTHING.

I guess I don't sound much like a city girl. It got here and I gotta get outta here.
I'm not jealous, I'm thrilled for you. How neat is that??

Check out Nicky's Diner on Union Street in Bangor on a Wednesday night during the summer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine