Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:09 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,030 times

Advertisements

Ahhhh our Molly is high!
Just think how awful you'd feel without those meds though. You get rested up and take care of yourself. We miss you but we want you back to your old self and if you have to take a break we all understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 06:15 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
... It makes me loopy--can't hold a cognitive thought if my life depended on it. And typing takes twice as long because of that plus the fact that the fingers don't seem to be connected by any neuro-pathway at all.
I see, and this is new for you?

Old 09-13-2007, 08:08 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Sounds like morphine or something similar. I had that after surgery, it was a struggle to hold on to the simplest thoughts. Told them to take me off it, couldn't stand it.

I can't see how these jokers who do heroin can enjoy being like that.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:28 AM

Many times a drug will be beneficial and helpful when used at a set dosage for a purpose.

When that dosage is ignored and the very same drug is used at ten times that dosage, then they will have entirely different effects.

Opiates are very useful drugs, they have been used to better mankind for centuries. The same goes for many other natural plant herbs and their extracts. Which is why I am not in favor of Big Brother illegalizing or even restricting them.

I do feel badly for folks who have decided to use these drugs at huge dosages and to become addicted to them. I do understand that once addicted they commonly are very hard to break away from. But none of that over rides the fact that these same herbs remain beneficial to mankind.

I hope that Molly does heal quickly and can once again rejoin our ranks here online.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:34 AM

581 posts, read 712,871 times
Molly, come back, before I'm banned. Seriously, hope you're feeling better.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 AM

I can't disagree with that, FB. As far as I'm concerned, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else they should be left alone. Somebody slipped me something once, that gave me an interesting experience but I wouldn't care to repeat it. I prefer reality...though I don't mind a little attitude adjustment with the help of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:10 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,419,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I can't disagree with that, FB. As far as I'm concerned, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else they should be left alone. Somebody slipped me something once, that gave me an interesting experience but I wouldn't care to repeat it. I prefer reality...though I don't mind a little attitude adjustment with the help of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.

Whatever happened to the good old days of guys just trying to get a girl drunk?!

Old 09-13-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Whatever happened to the good old days of guys just trying to get a girl drunk?!
Hey, that's how I got my wife.

Well, not really. She got drunk on her own. I just picked her up off the pool table and took her home...No, no, no, to *her* home, where I made sure she got inside OK and then left without taking advantage of her condition.

This somehow left her with the impression that I was a perfect gentleman. By the time she found out otherwise, it was too late, she was hooked.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
LOL

Saccharomyces cerevisiae is yeast which makes alcohol.

Elcarim you may need to duck for those low flying aircraft, that one could have hurt you. As it certainly went right on past and over your head there.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:53 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,419,586 times
Hey! I'm not blonde. I was referring to Zymer's comment about someone slipping him something once. I'm assuming he wasn't referring to alcohol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: