Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 12:27 AM

228 posts, read 221,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Good point on the grinder/sub post!

A new downer for me. Todays front page of the Bangor Daily News has a story that I knew was coming for a long time, unfortunately I was right. Susan Collins (yes same Collins family LTTT referred to in the "Caribou sucks wind" Or whatever thread.) our nice Senator is running again for her third term, after promising in both her 98 and 02 campaigns that she would only seek 2 terms. According to the article she said she "underestimated the importance of seniority in Congress." Well La-Te-Da, who knew? Come on now, this speaks directly to her integrity, and this is coming from a lifelong Republican, who voted for her the last two times, even though I cannot stand her family up here. My first thought was "typical Collins, above their word they think." Will she be re-elected? Probably, we as a State tend to keep the same morons in office just because they are familiar I think. That is a bad thing about Maine in my opinion.
I agree. Well everyone I won't be here for about a week family need's me. But I hope someone keep's my thread going until I get back. Being informed about all thing's in Maine is a good thing!!!Remember honesty is not a bad thing it keep's us all informed!!Have a great week.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:47 PM

4 posts, read 11,668 times
sounds like you know what you're doing. I'm (stuck) in caribou and want to grow, have some apple trees down by the river w/blight i think. the one on the hill does well, probably because it's wild. I would like some hives any advice?

Old 11-26-2007, 09:50 PM

Man
!!! Don't I have that problem... both front doors open out with a metal roof. Duh!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 09:53 PM

yes, we all must be thankful, "the world is not going to change... our perception MUST.
'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Living View Post
I don't normally respond to threads like this one, however I feel compelled to this time. The things that really do not like about Maine are unhappy, ungrateful, spoiled, high speed, 200mph on a side street people who despise living in this wonderful area amd try to make the rest of the people around them miserable! The only person who can control you is you. So for all of the folks who "hate" Maine please stop bashing and move! There are plenty of people who would make a trade anyday! I would live in a beat up 1972 camper in Maine before I would moved anywhere south of Bangor. We all need to realize what we have to be thankful for. Your family, a roof over your head, food on the table. sneakers, clothing, jobs, pets, nature. Just enjoy it! You would not believe how much more relaxed a person is once they come to grips with this ideology.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:58 PM

we can change the way. Free will. Babble with a lisp?

Old 11-26-2007, 10:21 PM

37,496 posts, read 61,484,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodocatme41 View Post
sounds like you know what you're doing. I'm (stuck) in caribou and want to grow, have some apple trees down by the river w/blight i think. the one on the hill does well, probably because it's wild. I would like some hives any advice?
Both BetterBee and Swans run workshops.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:44 PM

48,185 posts, read 22,030,335 times
I don't live in Maine yet although I have family connections to Maine and have visited several parts of the state. (Pittsfield, Dexter, Eastport, Portland, Saco, Biddeford, Ogunquit, etc.)
The only bad thing that comes to my mind is the way I have heard Mainers who live in the north, bash and ridicule the southern most part of the state, the area down near Portland and York County. It is true that it is different from "down east" Maine just as Eastport is different from Caribou. "Different" doesn't give a license to say mean and hurtful things and to disparage another persons home and community.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:49 PM

264 posts, read 398,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I don't live in Maine yet although I have family connections to Maine and have visited several parts of the state. (Pittsfield, Dexter, Eastport, Portland, Saco, Biddeford, Ogunquit, etc.)
The only bad thing that comes to my mind is the way I have heard Mainers who live in the north, bash and ridicule the southern most part of the state, the area down near Portland and York County. It is true that it is different from "down east" Maine just as Eastport is different from Caribou. "Different" doesn't give a license to say mean and hurtful things and to disparage another persons home and community.
I never really had a great desire to do much north of Augusta except to ski and fish. Other than that the country gets pretty rural. It takes a unique kind of person to live in northern Maine, and most of them simply don't like cities and large numbers of people. To each his own.

I always loved the southern part of the state....except for the winters which eventually drove me out.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:56 PM

378 posts, read 1,031,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Now the small size and quick access from one end to the other is one of the things I think is cool about Maine. Makes the whole state accessible for sight-seeing and touring.

In Texas, you can drive for 15 hours and still be in Texas! Makes "Are we there yet?" 140 times from the kids VERY annoying!!
Texas is JUST WAY TOOOOOO BIG !!!

Old 12-03-2007, 04:13 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,435,447 times
Considering the fact that the population of Houston, alone, is more than twice the pop of the whole state of Maine.........yeah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine