Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 03:22 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times

Advertisements

throughout the day I take a few minutes between each chore or activety to sit down and see what all my compadres are up to in here. that's how I keep up. I don't care much for craigslist, just doesn't suit me is all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 03:24 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
Yep, Craig's list and general forums can't answer specific questions about topics that apply to Maine like the good folks here can!

Old 09-17-2007, 03:35 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseleau86 View Post
Acually, I guess I don't agree at all. I've been reading, not posting, but I only check in maybe once a week and don't find much. Plus which much of the postings aren't particularly for Maine.

I'm surprised that some of you don't go to general non-Maine national boards, like Craig's List, or to specialized forums for particular subjects, like food.
aren't for Maine? are you and I reading the same forum???

I just scrolled down, and except for the MAINE off topic thread, I'm not seeing where these posts aren't about Maine.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:39 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,540,190 times
As soon as my sister left this afternoon I plunked my butt right here to see what was going on. I don't read all the threads and sometimes stop reading when I'm four or five pages behind. You guys and girls are more fun to talk to than the turkeys!

Old 09-17-2007, 03:42 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,540,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseleau86 View Post
Acually, I guess I don't agree at all. I've been reading, not posting, but I only check in maybe once a week and don't find much. Plus which much of the postings aren't particularly for Maine.

I'm surprised that some of you don't go to general non-Maine national boards, like Craig's List, or to specialized forums for particular subjects, like food.
And to think you made your very first post just to tell us there isn't much here. How special! Thank you! We feel so much better now. Ok everyone, scoot over and make room for roseleau so she can get to know us better and contribute.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:49 PM

we'll win her over!!

Sometimes when I get really behind, I just read the top few, then when everything slows down a bit I work my way down. If you can keep up, you can just click on the last page when you come back. BUT if a lot of us are on, or it's been busy, you'll end up back tracking. It's a good sign that this forum is busy. I hope the administrator appreciates it. Maybe I should drop him/her a note with an invite? I think it would be apparent how much fun we all have, and how many newbies check in with us. I bet he/she wouldn't want to change a thing

Last edited by mollysmiles; 09-17-2007 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: got too happy with the :)s

Old 09-17-2007, 03:57 PM

136 posts, read 327,651 times
When I just click on "last page" the thread stays bold after I am done reading. So I click on the thread, then on the last page. It's funny, though - I'll work my way down through the threads, "unbolding" them as I read, and then a thread I just read pops back up to the top, bold! I can never get ahead .

Thank you all for brightening my day a bit - those of you who are or have been stay-at-home moms know that the day can feel pretty long sometimes!

Old 09-17-2007, 04:02 PM

You started a great thread Family--we all get to share our "keeping up" secrets!!

I do know the stay at home feeling is mixed sometimes, so it does help just to have a minute or 5 to check on something that makes you smile. Not that the kids don't make you smile....but you know what I mean !

Old 09-17-2007, 04:10 PM

136 posts, read 327,651 times
Yep - I wouldn't have it any other way and feel so blessed to be home with my darlings, but it is fun to check on everyone here. too. My five year old is on my lap, my three year old is standing next to me telling me about all the smiley/sad faces she can see as I am writing, and my one year old is sleeping. So we are all here . I can't check the forum too often, though, so I really was wondering how you all do it!

Old 09-17-2007, 06:59 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,752,746 times
The 3 hour time difference is a pain.
All the fun happens when I am at work! I feel silly trying to chime in hours after the fact I end up confusing everyone including myself.
Maybe I need to include a time difference icon to show I am not slow, just behind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine