Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,201,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
One of the bestest places in Maine is Greenbush Maine.

Folks there are very friendly.
they are only friendly so you will put your guard down and you get all comfy and leave your doors unlocked then poof they rob ya

no im just kidding greenbush is a nice town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 01:14 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,577,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
they are only friendly so you will put your guard down and you get all comfy and leave your doors unlocked then poof they rob ya

no im just kidding greenbush is a nice town.
I see you've been to La Grange.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:02 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Mayfield is nice, Orneville is nice.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:49 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisai View Post
I had the same experience a few weeks ago, while on my land hunting expedition.

Had to pee really badly, after riding down a "road" from an old abandoned rail bed. One more bump would have done me in. We stopped at a general store with a meat department, in the Skowhegan area. I asked the lady at the register, where the nearest bathroom and gas station was.

Without hesitation she said, behind the coke machine, is the bathroom, and when I come out she'd give me directions to the nearest gas station.

The entire Skowhegan area has been very welcoming to us. Everytime we stopped to ask directions, or where a property was, everyone was friendly and helpful.

Very unlike MA, where you have to buy a pack of gum to pee!
I don't think I've ever bought a pack of gum in order to pee in a restroom in Massachusetts in 52 years. Where the heck are you in this state Chii?

Old 12-23-2008, 10:28 PM

95 posts, read 336,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
I don't think I've ever bought a pack of gum in order to pee in a restroom in Massachusetts in 52 years. Where the heck are you in this state Chii?
1 Hour from Boston.

We're a tough crowd, around here!

Old 12-24-2008, 05:04 AM

15 posts, read 27,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkx7 View Post
After leaving maine to go to college, I have since realized what a great state Maine is- i plan on moving back. I also find Mainers to be much more friendly and pleasant to be around, they are generally good people.
i agree 100%!! "Maineahs" are my absolute FAV ppl in the world!
zest for life, kindness to others + hard-workers.

i've been reading the Maine threads for months but just joined this morning, Christmas eve day, i thought it appropriate :-)

Maine calls to me every day. i lived on Beals in 2000 + 8 yrs have passed.
not a day goes by that i don't think about my Beloved favorite place.
i search maps, towns, all you can think of.
i don't know how i will make the move, or when, but it's my life priority
to become a full-fledged Maine resident!

so happy to be here, jiinxsay

Old 12-24-2008, 06:48 AM

740 posts, read 1,881,464 times
Good luck in your quest jiinxsay you are not alone.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:18 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisai View Post
1 Hour from Boston.

We're a tough crowd, around here!
Happened to us too... Cape Ann .... I was so mad, Jake is 10 for crying out loud!

Old 12-24-2008, 10:51 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times
^I've never had that problem either and I spend a good number of years 40 minutes south of Boston (where my parents still live).

Old 12-24-2008, 11:03 AM

6 posts, read 12,993 times
Well ,so your thinking of moving to Maine ! My job as a home inspector ,have been in realestate sales and a Maine masterguide has taken me to about all the towns in Maine from Kitty to Fort kent.
To me one isnt in Maine unless they are North of Bangor ,Maine . where anything south of Bangor is like Boston very busy. Orono and surrounding area would be nice having shopping malls , universities and many jobs in the area from factories, stores and many other jobs.
Some one mentioned Greenbush , Naw nothing there a dead end area to me traveling to shopping malls and work about 25-30 plus miles .
Feel free to ask me I can share my thoughts .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine