Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:26 AM

625 posts, read 792,187 times

Advertisements

ERROR the NFA act was 1934 typo sorry..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 06:12 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times
Maineguy04654 is good all the way to the last sentence. In Maine a loaded rifle or shotgun is prima facie evidence of hunting. If you have a loaded rifle or shotgun on a paved road or within 300 feet of an occupied dwelling (not your own), you can be charged with violating a fish and game regulation.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:04 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Maineguy04654 is good all the way to the last sentence. In Maine a loaded rifle or shotgun is prima facie evidence of hunting. If you have a loaded rifle or shotgun on a paved road or within 300 feet of an occupied dwelling (not your own), you can be charged with violating a fish and game regulation.
can you have a loaded clip in a vehicle during hunting season?

Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
NO there is no law broken doing either of those things. A PF case is a reason to detain or investigate further. Unless the Warden is a complete douche as most are there is nothing they can do based on the latter unless they find something further That aside This would only apply on SUNDAY or such the law written for. And even then a PF case is just that without more to back it up it will be thrown out of court and if there was no other evidence you could file a quick and easy to win counter suit against the state.

A PF case is nothing more then a allowance to allow a LE to ASSUME by seeing one thing your doing another. Stupid law that shoudl not be but as it is in the hunting / firearms realm it is allowed. Imagine for just a second if there was a law that said if your in a store then there is a PF case your shoplifting? Yea now it sounds stupid don't it.....

This also depends where in Maine you are. Up here the wardens are hated for good reason. They are avoided like a plague. As they are not what they once where. Wardens used to be hunters and outdoors men who where friendly and helpful. Now they desire nothing more then to write tickets. Watch the North Woods Law show and listen to what is said several times. " people in the woods of Maine are doing something wrong they just have not been caught yet!" this is NOT the way life should be.

Before you ask NO I have NEVER had a ticket form a warden. I have had a couple run in's with them due to there ignorance and my lack of it they where unable to cite me for something that did not occur. I also have a great respect for my local LE's and am friend with many of them. Most also do not like the wardens and what they have become.

Last edited by Maineguy04654; 11-21-2012 at 09:35 AM..

Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
can you have a loaded clip in a vehicle during hunting season?
I believe you mean MAGAZINE!!! Yes a loaded mag is legal in your car on Maine as long it is NOT in the firearm. In fact ion Maine you can place a handgun unloaded on your dashboard and a loaded mag next to it and your are legal. You can also OPEN carry a loaded firearm in Maine legal with no CCW except in your car. A cww allows you to hide the firearm/ firearms on your person and have it loaded in your car.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:11 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
This also depends where in Maine you are. Up here the wardens are hated for good reason. They are avoided like a plague.
Speak for yourself. That blanket statement is inaccurate. I live "up here," not too far from you. The wardens aren't hated or avoided by everyone. I've *never* had a bad experience with a warden. They've always been helpful and courteous when I've called for information or advice, or met up with them in the woods.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Speak for yourself. That blanket statement is inaccurate. I live "up here," not too far from you. The wardens aren't hated or avoided by everyone. I've *never* had a bad experience with a warden. They've always been helpful and courteous when I've called for information or advice, or met up with them in the woods.
Well sir your a lucky person then. Let me correct myself they are not hated by EVERYONE. The majority of outdoor people I know do feel this way. I know ALLOT of hunters and outdoor folks.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:21 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,391,174 times
Quote:
^+1

Me too. I've met many through the years around our property and they have been very helpful. Having different types of property like a cemetery in the back yard, an old homestead with gravel pit, wetlands and tree growth will put you in close contact with wardens during the course of a year. We work with them on signage around the pit for safety, hunters on the ITS trail system that runs through our property and atv's and snowmobiles. All good.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:44 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,887,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
I believe you mean MAGAZINE!!! Yes a loaded mag is legal in your car on Maine as long it is NOT in the firearm. In fact ion Maine you can place a handgun unloaded on your dashboard and a loaded mag next to it and your are legal. You can also OPEN carry a loaded firearm in Maine legal with no CCW except in your car. A cww allows you to hide the firearm/ firearms on your person and have it loaded in your car.
I was wondering if someone would pick up on that besides me. A clip goes in your hair.

Quote:
Yes, Ma'am. Definite bad form to use blanket statements like that. I haven't heard of many people down this way that avoid the wardens either. Maybe get aggravated about something but no more than with any other human being.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:07 AM

A CLIP is used to charge some magazines and firearms. I corrected my statement. I also stand by the revision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: