Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 09:14 AM

73 posts, read 148,210 times

Advertisements

Sue, you will get all kinds of great information on this forum. And you will find many Mainers are very friendly. I have lived in many different states and Maine reminded me a lot of what it was to live in the central area of North Carolina where the folks were quite welcoming. I live in the Sebago Lake area and there are homes in your price range and I know a few artists who live just off the waterfront on the lake so they don't pay for owning right on the waterfront. They do get the right of ways to be able to goout on the lake or to go to a beach. YOu have so many choices. And the prices are different but like you will see here, there are many art lovers here in the state and they have many galleries where your husband can share his works with the public. We also have some restaraunts where they will allow the locals to have their work shown and be for sale. There are plenty of opportunities.
My dad was an artist who loved living up here and was able to always find inspiration.
Sue from Maine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,745 times
Rockland is a wonderful coastal town and art community that is growing fast. Home of Loise Nenvelsen(late) Eric Hopkins, Robert Indiana, Neil Welliver, Monhegan Island is near here -a very famous artist haven. It has been an important part of art history. Look up The Farnsworth Museum,Lincoln center for the arts, MCCA in Rockport. House on the ocean More money! I look pot my bedroom window and casn just make the ocean out. We tell our friends we have an ocean view if you stand in the street and look to the end, when the trees are bare. I have a 9 room house 1 2 half baths with and attached room that has been used for retail, office and currently a hair studio. It has an uptairds that could be developed. There is 1/4 acre od land with a two story studio on the property. We are asking $220,000. Taxes are $3900. We also have a smaller home recently all new inside with three - four bedrooms double lot. $229,000 . We have bought a farm and are moving away. I want to have a horse and an art studio. Can only have the art studio here. This is a great art community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine