Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 02:17 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
There's this little bar in Millinockett......
I must confess.... I have been there. A few years ago DH and I were snowmobiling up there and were bored one night. I was expecting the girls to be somewhat less than attractive. I was very surprised. I bought DH the 'dance' and she and I ended up having a very nice conversation about where she hoped to be in 5 yrs. Her response was post-grad. Good girl!

Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
I must confess.... I have been there. A few years ago DH and I were snowmobiling up there and were bored one night. I was expecting the girls to be somewhat less than attractive. I was very surprised. I bought DH the 'dance' and she and I ended up having a very nice conversation about where she hoped to be in 5 yrs. Her response was post-grad. Good girl!
Geeze you're a nice wife!!! I can't even have a copy of Playboy let alone Girls Gone Wild on DVD around here!!!

Old 08-12-2008, 09:54 AM

37,462 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
It is good for folks to hold high goals, and in that case to be working toward their goals.

My Dw has never been in an establishment that had dancers. That seems to have been very open-minded of you to have gone in, to have bought a dance, and to even have had a conversation with a dancer.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:47 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
It is good for folks to hold high goals, and in that case to be working toward their goals.

My Dw has never been in an establishment that had dancers. That seems to have been very open-minded of you to have gone in, to have bought a dance, and to even have had a conversation with a dancer.

We've also been into Marks Showcase or whatever it's called now in PTLD, we went with a big group of friends. It was actually pretty fun as a group. Open minded? Maybe... perhaps more like self confident.

Regarding me buying DH the dance... I felt bad for the girls. We were the only customers in there! They were just trying to make a living. It's THEIR choice how they choose to make it, and of no concern of mine. I had a conversation with her b/c I was curious as to why she was in Millinocket and what her future plans were. God knows they certainly don't have a retirement plan / 401k there! I would think an "entertainer" would hit their prime about their mid 20's - 30's? I was relieved to hear that she was a student and had bigger goals and future plans in life.

Maineah - no Playboy? I'm sorry, IMO it's only magazine. Besides, you only buy it for the stories, right?

Old 08-13-2008, 10:40 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,202,876 times
today me n spunky thats my monkeys name.were on the street and this guy asked if i took visa.so i looked in the wallet that spunky just lifted and there it was.i said yup we do thanks.but we prefer cash or change.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:02 AM

278 posts, read 699,964 times
how bout paypal?

Old 08-13-2008, 02:53 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Okay,.. yeah,... so I'm an exotic dancer at the bowling alley.
I heard they were opening a bowling alley in Eastport. Are you on staff?

Old 08-13-2008, 05:18 PM

37,462 posts, read 61,388,499 times
[quote=Fort Lauderdale mermaid;4839641 ...
Regarding me buying DH the dance... I felt bad for the girls. We were the only customers in there! They were just trying to make a living. It's THEIR choice how they choose to make it, and of no concern of mine. I had a conversation with her b/c I was curious as to why she was in Millinocket and what her future plans were. God knows they certainly don't have a retirement plan / 401k there! I would think an "entertainer" would hit their prime about their mid 20's - 30's? I was relieved to hear that she was a student and had bigger goals and future plans in life. [/quote]

It just struck me as odd that a lady would spend money in that manner.

My Dw has told me in the past that if I feel those urges I am free to visit or spend a few buck on dancers, just that I am to ensure that she never sees a receipt or bill on our CC [She suggested that I visit a bank first if I needed cash].

So I would have assumed that if your Dh were to visit a place with dancers, that you would have excused yourself and done something different.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
We've also been into Marks Showcase or whatever it's called now in PTLD, we went with a big group of friends. It was actually pretty fun as a group. Open minded? Maybe... perhaps more like self confident.

Regarding me buying DH the dance... I felt bad for the girls. We were the only customers in there! They were just trying to make a living. It's THEIR choice how they choose to make it, and of no concern of mine. I had a conversation with her b/c I was curious as to why she was in Millinocket and what her future plans were. God knows they certainly don't have a retirement plan / 401k there! I would think an "entertainer" would hit their prime about their mid 20's - 30's? I was relieved to hear that she was a student and had bigger goals and future plans in life.

Maineah - no Playboy? I'm sorry, IMO it's only magazine. Besides, you only buy it for the stories, right?
Yeah ...that's right ...stories.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
It just struck me as odd that a lady would spend money in that manner.

My Dw has told me in the past that if I feel those urges I am free to visit or spend a few buck on dancers, just that I am to ensure that she never sees a receipt or bill on our CC [She suggested that I visit a bank first if I needed cash].

So I would have assumed that if your Dh were to visit a place with dancers, that you would have excused yourself and done something different.

You're not in the real world are you??
If I had a wife who was self assured enough to know that our relationship was so solid that I could oogle some young perky breasts and that was not threatening in any way I certainly wouldn't want my wife to go away while I was having fun. Especially if she's paying!!! I'm going home with her and I'm going to want her that much more.... Ft Lauderdale Mermaid ...you're a rare woman....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine