Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 PM

476 posts, read 748,108 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. We returned from another wonderful "Trip of Exploration" to Maine a little over a month ago, and I'm finally getting a chance to do a bit of a followup.

We flew into Manchester, NH from SoCal and immediately headed into Western Maine for a couple days, then up through Bangor, and south down to Deer Island and Stonington. After scrambling around Castine and Blue Hill, we circled back north and spent a couple days in the Camden, Rockland and Owls Head area.
Then, a quick blitz down to York Harbor followed by a final run back north as we spent the last couple days focusing on the Waldoboro and Jefferson area.

It was a terrific time; we narrowed the area that we would like to settle in quite a bit after this, our fourth trip. Most of all, Special Thanks to the wonderful C-D'rs who took the time out to meet up and graciously offer us their insight into the region!

Here's a brief look back at some of the scenic beauty that we were able to once again enjoy. If your bandwidth allows, select 720p HD…

A Glimpse of Maine - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 03:12 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
that was awesome!! thank you for sharing,,,

many of those places looked awfully familiar, well, most of them did.... at 7.11, id have to guess this is main str. in damariscotta, then you went to south bristol, take a right at that big church-(one of the most beautiful places in maine) I may be a little pregudice, I grew up on a lobster boat there- also the shot of the bridge opening, and the lobster boat going thru-been thru there thousands of times..
and one pic looked like christmas cove(was just down there over thanksgiving)

that was great!! and i also think i saw pemaquid point-every lighthouse i see, i think its pemaquid point..lol

the bridges looked like the new one in prospect, narrows bridge and then another bridge looked like on the way to stonington after eggemoggin (deer isle area)

port clyde general store ive been in many times-pretty area!!

again, great pics....what program did you use to stitch the pics together for the movie??? just curious

jefferson is a nice area- there was a state park I use to visit-damariscotta lake state park?? to go swimming

Last edited by mainebrokerman; 12-05-2012 at 03:32 AM..

Old 12-05-2012, 04:21 AM

783 posts, read 1,574,856 times
Thank you, 221B, for the cool video! I'm glad that you took in so many beautiful places. But then, beauty is everywhere in Maine, so it's hard not to find it!

I admit I got a little weepy seeing & hearing the Owls Head Light section of your awesome video. The light is a very familiar sound that I haven't heard for months. I didn't realize how much I miss it.

Very nice video & music to go with!!!

Old 12-05-2012, 04:26 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,886,744 times
That was fantastic video. Thanks for posting it on here. It looks like you two (good looking couple too) had a good time and did an awful lot of exploring. Even got to see some fog; good. I think you either do have or could have a career in videography. Always nice to see glimpses of past warmer weather while we sit waiting for the themps to moderate to winter and bring snow. Glad you had a good time and you saw some very pretty and noce parts of us here. Come again; and post more videos. Loved it.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:35 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,540,190 times
Wonderful! Do you mind if I embed your video in my blogs?

Old 12-05-2012, 06:11 AM

21 posts, read 23,471 times
Absolutely beautiful video. The beauty in every shot just confirms more on how I would love to be there. I wish you luck on finding the perfect location for you and your family!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
that was awesome!! thank you for sharing,,,

many of those places looked awfully familiar, well, most of them did.... at 7.11, id have to guess this is main str. in damariscotta, then you went to south bristol, take a right at that big church-(one of the most beautiful places in maine) I may be a little pregudice, I grew up on a lobster boat there- also the shot of the bridge opening, and the lobster boat going thru-been thru there thousands of times..
and one pic looked like christmas cove(was just down there over thanksgiving)

that was great!! and i also think i saw pemaquid point-every lighthouse i see, i think its pemaquid point..lol

the bridges looked like the new one in prospect, narrows bridge and then another bridge looked like on the way to stonington after eggemoggin (deer isle area)

port clyde general store ive been in many times-pretty area!!

again, great pics....what program did you use to stitch the pics together for the movie??? just curious

jefferson is a nice area- there was a state park I use to visit-damariscotta lake state park?? to go swimming
Wow, mainebrokerman, I think you were spot-on with your location ID! (Including the little trip down main street in Damariscotta).
To answer your question, the application that we use is Final Cut Pro X.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
That was fantastic video. Thanks for posting it on here. It looks like you two (good looking couple too) had a good time and did an awful lot of exploring. Even got to see some fog; good. I think you either do have or could have a career in videography. Always nice to see glimpses of past warmer weather while we sit waiting for the themps to moderate to winter and bring snow. Glad you had a good time and you saw some very pretty and noce parts of us here. Come again; and post more videos. Loved it.
Thanks! Over the 10 day trip, we only had one day of rain in Camden/Rockland, and one day of fog around Port Clyde. The rest of the time was pretty much sunny.
You're right! We are independent video producers here in SoCal. For this trip, I packed a little 'point 'n shoot' camcorder in the carry-on, and filmed a couple hours of footage. I primarily wanted to show the folks back home that this very cool place really does exist!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Wonderful! Do you mind if I embed your video in my blogs?
Absolutely!
I follow and really enjoy reading your blog. It's a great insight into the outdoors, hunting, etc. Something you don't bump into much around here in SoCal.

For the embed, please use this link to our vimeo site:

https://vimeo.com/54826223

Old 12-05-2012, 03:49 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 221B View Post
Wow, mainebrokerman, I think you were spot-on with your location ID! (Including the little trip down main street in Damariscotta).
To answer your question, the application that we use is Final Cut Pro X.
I like the castine pics too, think the state of maine ship is used by maine maritime academy

one store in castine, I use to know the owners..theresa and steve, pretty area!

you two covered alot of miles, looked like you had a decent time..

its fun to see this.

thanks again for sharing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine