U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,469 times

Advertisements

I am planning a move to Maine in 2014 around May after I get my degree. I am single and am looking for a safe place that is close to a bigger city. I have been in Veags for 13 years now I am just tired of a big city life but also know it is what I am used to. I will be looking to buy either a house or condo being as I have animals. I was out there last year in April and spent most of my time in the Wells-Protland area. I will have a car and want to be in driving distance to cafe's, coffe shops and culrtural enternaiment. THe biggest concern is safety being as it will just be me. What areas would be good place to look? Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 03:36 PM

1,587 posts, read 2,157,524 times
Moving to Maine has been covered thoroughly for all age groups, job availability or lack thereof, single, ethnicity, married with and without children, sexual preference, schools etc. From what I remember about our visit to Las Vegas, living in Maine would be a real treat for you. Unless you are independently wealthy, you will need a job. Safety is the least of your concerns.

Portland is the largest city in Maine. Portland metro population 230,000; Portland population 66,000 City of Portland, Maine

Portland Real Estate & Portland Homes For Sale — Trulia.com

//www.city-data.com/forum/portl...and-maine.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/portl...and-maine.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...ove-maine.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/portl...hborhoods.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...ew-jersey.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...d-but-not.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/portl...ple-maine.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/portl...-haven-ct.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...ine-texas.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...prep-pets.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...-me-south.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...aine-like.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...ne-thread.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/portl...ion-maine.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...-yarmouth.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...tal-towns.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/portl...s-awesome.html

Last edited by mainegrl2011; 01-21-2013 at 04:26 PM..

Old 01-21-2013, 04:04 PM

19,228 posts, read 25,400,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortysn View Post
I am planning a move to Maine in 2014 around May after I get my degree. I am single and am looking for a safe place that is close to a bigger city. I have been in Veags for 13 years now I am just tired of a big city life but also know it is what I am used to. I will be looking to buy either a house or condo being as I have animals. I was out there last year in April and spent most of my time in the Wells-Protland area. I will have a car and want to be in driving distance to cafe's, coffe shops and culrtural enternaiment. THe biggest concern is safety being as it will just be me. What areas would be good place to look? Thanks
maine is one of the safest states in the country

many smaller towns around portland , actually, all the towns between wells and portland along the coast are very nice

if safety is your major concern,,,you'll be fine just about anywheres in maine

I know im not specific,,,but I dont have to be

Old 01-21-2013, 04:13 PM

18,526 posts, read 11,606,387 times
mainegrl

that's a great reference post!

Thank you.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,469 times
Thank you everyone knowing I do not have to worry about safety helps ease my mind and lets me concentrate on other things more important.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:40 PM

18,681 posts, read 22,431,281 times
Quote:
Try Brunswick. Because of the college, there are lots of cafes, restaurants, and other cultural activities. Portland is a quick train ride away, and Boston is a longer train ride away.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 PM

1,910 posts, read 4,634,006 times
Quote:
Be careful with condos as many have pet restrictions (size, type, number, etc.) In order to buy a home or condo with a mortgage you will have to qualify, which includes several weeks of pay stubs. You will probably need to rent first for several months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or