Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:58 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Can't tell how much snow we got so far. Too much blowing. Road out front is clear. Mailbox is cleared out because the road is north/south, and the wind is blowing from the north.

What about you?
I think this storm makes me official. My very first blizzard. Had to spend the night at work last night. Good times!!!!!!!

Drove about 30mph the whole way home tonight but dang it! I am home!

Opened the back door to let the dogs out, snow fell in the house. What kind of freak stuff do you guys get up here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 02:02 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,168,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Can't tell how much snow we got so far. Too much blowing. Road out front is clear. Mailbox is cleared out because the road is north/south, and the wind is blowing from the north.

What about you?
I drove home from work in the worst of it around 5:30 in the morning. I had to dig out the car first. The snow drifts were literally up over the spoiler on the back, and the front driver side was buried as well. Fortunately, it wasn't heavy snow.

The ride home was hairy because it was still dark. I had to note the mileage on my car because the visibility was so bad that I could only identify a few landmarks as I went down the road. I'm glad I know the road so well. As long as I kept moving and watched out for the deep snow drifts, I was okay.

I've driven in worse.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
if the ground hadnt been bare before this storm, they'd be drifts up over the roof(s) of houses

The wind and snow was blinding yesterday, had to wear my snowmobile goggles just to snowblow,,and still was blinded

this morning is a calm day---to finish up moving the drifts

Old 02-10-2013, 06:14 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,541,520 times
The snow is cleaned up, bin is packed and tip ups are ready. I'm holding a HOFNOD event this morning for a family who has never ice fished. Three kids who were coming because of the storm aren't able to make the trip this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine