Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 06:36 PM

3 posts, read 2,713 times

Advertisements

My wife and our 4 boys want to move to Maine and want to find a cheap place to rent for us and would love to live in a small town we are excellent renters never late please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times
What kind of town/place are you looking for?

Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times
Craiglist would be best to look for low rent units. Then research the towns where you find ads, call the landlords, & feel them out as to a sense of how you & they feel to each of you.

We're trying to decide for over a yr now as to where we'd like to relocate in Maine too. We're originally from back east but in AZ for past several yrs. I like WA Co. Maine, but I know incomes/jobs are tight. We're both on Soc. Sec. Disability as of last yr & thus fixed incomes. But at least portable incomes vs moving into town w/out one. Better a have than have not when any income is concerned. Ok, sorry to ramble off topic but we face same dilemma of finding safe, affordable, timely housing, along w/ reasonable accommadations like heat/hot water bills, etc.

This needs factored in as coming from our climate last few yrs, we'll be in a change come next winter. (Even though I grewup as kid playing yrs of ice hockey on back east lakes/rivers/ponds). Summers here are harsh heat but opposite is true of winter in ME. It is tossup but one we're ok w/ as we really miss 4 seasons & family back home east.

Ok, my advice: have lots of patience unless you've a timeframe pressing, & choose a place that fits your needs, along w/ a landlord that is kind, workable & understands the difficulty level of transitioning form out of state. Also, plan to explain your desire for why Maine, etc. as many will wonder if you're thinking life is cheap or easier is the lure. In reality all that glitters isn't gold, & Maine will make you work in other wasy to overcome hardships via weather or taxes or some other unforseen issues.

Again, not to dissuade but rather to encourage but also to leave you grounded in reality. Best of luck on your finding a suitable place for you & the family.

Ok, done my spiel.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:56 AM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
Where you're going to work is going to play a big part of where you live. Do you have a job? If so, that will give us a starting point.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:06 AM

I'm on disability my wife us a nurse a but looking just for a small town doesn't matter where just want a good small community for my sons

Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 AM

Any numbers of community places we can call would be helpful as well. I do in home nursing care here in Colorado and will be looking for the same in Maine we just need a starting point.. This is Sabrina his wife.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
That helps. Communities near Portland, Augusta or Bangor might work well for you. Lincoln is one of my favorite small towns. It's more rural than Bangor but has just about anything you might need. All of these places have a lot of outdoors activities. The schools in Lincoln are smaller than the others but still offer plenty.

I suggest finding those larger communities, drawing a circle around them as large as the distance you can comfortably be from them, and start investigating. We can tell you about most towns.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:11 PM

276 posts, read 848,480 times
Is it this type of in home nursing? Eastern Maine HomeCare

Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,165,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven1321 View Post
My wife and our 4 boys want to move to Maine and want to find a cheap place to rent for us and would love to live in a small town we are excellent renters never late please help
How much are you looking to spend for rent? Define "cheap." That varies from place to place. Are you looking to rent a house or are you willing to rent an apartment?

Old 02-12-2013, 04:43 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,165,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINEr View Post
Is it this type of in home nursing? Eastern Maine HomeCare
From the link you posted. I'd say 'yes.'

"We offer compassionate home health and end of life care to our neighbors and friends in northern, eastern and central Maine. Last year, our caring staff drove nearly 1.37 million miles to make 68,323 homecare, hospice and telehealth visits to 3,300 patients."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine