U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 AM

742 posts, read 1,145,141 times

Advertisements

Not really, i said compared to SOME states. I know it jumped up when i moved here and i was going for minimum in both cases.\\Ps i am a business rater for liberty mutual myself.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 08:14 AM

33,341 posts, read 54,735,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
In Maine if you go off the road you'll likely go through a soft snowbank and just need to be pulled back into the road. In louisiana when you go off the road you go into a canal or a bayou. That's what raises the insurance cost. ;-) I expect that both states have similar rates of drunk driving.

I once went to the trial of a sailor in Rhode Island. The sailor told the judge, "I am a Cajun from South Louisiana and I have a right to drive drunk when I want to."

"Bang!" went the gavel. The judge didn't want that idea to gain any traction in Rhode Island so he turned the sailor over to ME! I sure didn't want to take him home so the sailor was restricted to the base for 30 days where he could still go to the club.

Hey, you can't make this stuff up.
Until very recently, every Navy base had a minimum of three bars. [Enlisted, Chief, Officer] Even tiny bases that only had a row of piers and a row of warehouses, the lofts of those warehouses would be bars.

You might not have a gym, but you would have a bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
As a retired insurance agent, I have to say this is not true. Many, many states have higher minimum coverage amounts than Maine. Rates in Maine are not considered high partly due to the lower minimum rates that start at 50/50. In WV, the rates start at 100/100 and most people in other states start at 300/300. Sorry, but you are wrong on this one.
That was my understanding also.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 PM

404 posts, read 720,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatUpFLA View Post
That doesn't surprise me.
I've never met one person in my entire life who relocated to Maine from another state, and I was born and raised in New England. New Hampshire, yes; Maine, no.

Hello WhatUpFLA, My name is Lori, I've relocated to maine from another state, Alabama to be exact, nice to meet you.

Now you've met some one who relocated to Maine from another state, found a job, and then actually found another one when I didn't quite like the 1st one.

I have 6 different friends who moved here from another state. Not to mention that there are quite a few here on the board. Don't paint such a bleak picture, that's just your perception. My company is hiring 3 different positions my previous company is hiring as well.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:47 PM

404 posts, read 720,870 times
Oh yes and additionally, my car insurance was much cheaper here in Maine than it was in Alabama. My car tags and taxes were right about the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: