Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:29 PM

874 posts, read 1,855,495 times

Advertisements

Happy Halloween!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 02:32 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
TOTALLY ADORABLE!!! I just want to give them all my candy!

Old 10-31-2007, 04:07 PM

306 posts, read 1,036,476 times
That Optimus Prime suit is AWESOME!

I am 20 and jelous...

Old 10-31-2007, 04:20 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
How cute!! I've been watching kids up and down our street already since 4:30 today. Have fun!

Old 10-31-2007, 05:28 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times
We used to have quite a few kids come on Halloween and then one year it dropped way off. I mentioned it at the coffee shop and one guy said, "You don't know why?"

"Nope." They all laughed and told me why. The previous year some kids came to the side door at our house. I went out the front and around to the driver's side of the car. The kids were at the door with my wife. The lady driving had her window down and her arm resting on the window opening.

I have a terrible looking mask that looks real. I tapped on her elbow and made a grunting sound. She turned and we were just about nose to nose. She let the screams right out of her and dove for the passenger door. Her seat belt was on and she couldn't get loose, screaming the whole time. The kids heard Mom screaming and when they turned around they all started screaming. It was a real zoo around here for a few minutes.

I learned she peed the seat in her new car, big time. She told all her friends to never come to my house because of the man who we had living on the second floor. There is no such man. She never did figure out it was a mask.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:18 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,540,190 times
Oh my gawwwwwd! I'm laughing so hard I have tears running down my face! That's absolutely hysterical!

The kids are adorable! This is the first time in 21 years I haven't had at least one kid out trick or treating. We had only four kids tonight.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:09 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
MW, we didn't get a lot here at our house either....very strange! Probably only about 100 or so, and we're in the neighborhood between North and South Streets, that usually get swamped! I know that's a lot more than 4, but it's a probably almost half of what we've had in the past. Even when I was out with Jake it wasn't really crowded like it usually is.

and NMLM, you've got me laughing out loud too!!

and Gen, the kids are adorable!!

Last edited by mollysmiles; 10-31-2007 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: grrrr....

Old 10-31-2007, 07:25 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
100????? OMG! We've had 3. Families here don't trick or treat much anymore. It's gotten too dangerous. The big churches have something every year to keep the kids off the streets, so I'm guessing that's where they all go nowadays.

Sounds like fun up there, as usual!

Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 PM

874 posts, read 1,855,495 times
OMG! She peed her pants. Well I guess that means you scared the pi$$ out of her. ROFLMAO.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:07 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,653,708 times
in the 5 years I have lived where I do now, I have not had a single trick-or-treater. I gave up buying candy, I don't need to eat it! This year I did get a bag, since I have a friend arriving in a few days I got Reeses, which he likes and I don't... and then I left them at work. I did see some kids going by, but neither of my porch lights work and with the dogs barking I guess they didn't want to try, even tho I have my little fake tree decorated up for fall, and lit.

But I did scare a bunch, without even a costume or a mask! I was doing ritual stuff -- hanging protection charms in the windows, and since most of them are still open (the inside ones... the storms I closed when I got cool but I am not buttoning up, yet...) I needed to climb onto a ladder to reach the top of the bottom window to put in the little nail on which to hang my "decoration." I was doing just that (dressed in black in honor of the night) as a group paraded by and one of them caught a glimpse of me in the window and shrieked and they all went running down the street.

I guess I'm an OK witch after all... even without the hat and broom!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine