Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 04:10 PM

52 posts, read 135,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Bigfez-
Glad you had a chance to sample the tofurkey! We did not , so we are anxiously awaiting the results
Your cornbread stuffing baked in a pumpkin sounds delicious! Thank you. I will have to try it.
Don't you just love Trader Joe's???
I do love Trader Joe's! It's on my way home from work, so I go there 3 or 4 times a week. In fact, I have often thought that if I ever move away from Phoenix, it could only be to somewhere with a conveniently located Trader Joe's! Now for the question: are there Trader Joe's in Maine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 04:59 PM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfez View Post
I do love Trader Joe's! It's on my way home from work, so I go there 3 or 4 times a week. In fact, I have often thought that if I ever move away from Phoenix, it could only be to somewhere with a conveniently located Trader Joe's! Now for the question: are there Trader Joe's in Maine?
And the other big question if there are trader joes in Maine, do they carry the "Two Buck Chuck" wine? or should we bring a couple of cases with us.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:07 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Yes, I could.

I could lean out my window and shoot a wild turkey, dress him and cook him up right nice.

And I could write about the experience on an internet forum, read by thousands including Law Enforcement agencies.

Forums like this where everything posted is public domain and archived for years to come. [just in case a LEO missed the posting in the first week]

You forgot to give your street address and phone number! If you decide against the wild turkey you're welcome to have dinner with us.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:20 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Thank you for the offer, you would not like me for dinner though. I drool at the ladies, I chew with my mouth open, and I drink entirely too much.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:45 PM

107 posts, read 226,466 times
Forest, you sound like the perfect dinner companion to me!! :-)

Stacie

Old 11-18-2007, 04:36 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
ROFL My long lost brother! I'm the only woman and I promise, I'm not drool worthy. At least have two pieces of pie and an extra drink.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:00 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Yes, I could.

I could lean out my window and shoot a wild turkey, dress him and cook him up right nice.

And I could write about the experience on an internet forum, read by thousands including Law Enforcement agencies.

Forums like this where everything posted is public domain and archived for years to come. [just in case a LEO missed the posting in the first week]

I don't have complete knowledge of the game laws, but I was under the impression that as long as you were on your own land, you could take what you want.

I could be wrong...do we have a warden that wants to "weigh in" on this question?

Old 11-18-2007, 10:20 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Results of initial search pertaining to hunting on one's own land:

[SIZE=2][SIZE=-2] Tuesday, May 07, 2002 [/SIZE]
Summary of Enacted Legislation
Several pieces of legislation that affect the Inland Fisheries and Wildlife statutes were signed into law by Governor King during the Second Regular Session of the 120th Legislature. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]New laws that were not enacted as "emergency" take effect July 25th, or have an effective date specified in the law. However, some of the fish and wildlife related changes were enacted as emergency legislation and have already gone into effect. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I'll first discuss emergency legislation that affects our department. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]A. (L.D. #1939 - Public Law Chapter 530) An Act to Allow Landowner Permits to be issued for Turkey Hunting
This bill authorizes the commissioner to include a provision in the rule for turkey hunting giving special consideration to landowners who keep their lands open to hunting by the public. (12 MRSA Section 7468). This is being proposed by rule as follows: Allow landowners who own 25 acres of land located within the turkey hunting zone, are permanently domiciled on that land, and manage the land for the raising and selling of daily cattle, dairy products, or beef cattle to hunt wild turkeys on that land without a permit. Family members permanently domiciled on that land would also be eligible to hunt turkeys on that land without a permit. Landowners would be allowed to take one turkey per season, in accordance with all laws, rules and restrictions that apply during that season. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]B. (L.D. #1923 - Public Law Chapter 655) An Act to Amend Maine's Wild Turkey Hunting Season
This bill amends the laws regarding turkey hunting by:
1) Authorizing the commissioner to establish open seasons;
2) designate areas that are open to the taking of wild turkey;
3) prescribe the form and regulate the number of permits to be issued;
4) determine the number and sex of birds to be harvested;
5) establish bag limits;
6) establish permit eligibility requirements;
7) specify the type of weapons to be used during any open wild turkey hunting season, and make any other rules necessary for the protection of the wild turkey resource.
The bill establishes fees for wild turkey hunting permits at $10 for residents and $40 for nonresidents and aliens. This legislation also adds wild turkey to the law regarding nuisance animals and animals causing damage (crops, vehicles collisions, etc.) (12 MRSA Section 7468,7469), 7501)

[/SIZE]

Old 11-18-2007, 11:55 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
It ain't wild, and I didn't need a permit to bag it, but I did manage to "hunt down" a fowl and get it subdivided by the fellow in the meat department of my regular grocery store yesterday. The "other" half is already frozen and waiting and the half that I am going to cook is wrapped and waiting in the fridge at the realty office, as mine is way too small for even half of this 14 lb bird.

I think its cavities will hold just about enough stuffing for me to enjoy, with a few leftovers, without too much carb guilt. NOW the question is, can I make it in that small a quantity! LOL I think I am going to try a cranberry stuffing this year, which will at least require me to look at a recipe, which I don't usually do.

After I take my friend back to the airport tomorrow for his return flight to KS, life can return to normal and I will inventory the cupboards to see what I need for my baking; I am going to bake for the Yule boxes after the bird is done ( at 7.5 llbs or there about, it won't take all day <g>) and finish up on Friday. I am thinking pumpkin bread and cranberry bread and liebkuchen (which I probably misspelled...) and calling it good for the year.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:03 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
We don't have turkey and stuffing here. We don't stuff the "stuff" in the turkey either. Do you really do that? We have a big turkey in one roasting pan and a big bunch of "dressing" in another roasting pan. Man, I'm going to have learn so much!

I'm starting to feel like I need to join the kindergarten class the minute we get moved so I can start life all over again! Isn't it funny how drastically different life can be within our own country? Interesting! I think this will definitely count as a "do-over" for us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine