Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2007, 08:03 AM

455 posts, read 1,228,745 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been living in Florida for 20 years. (yuk) We are moving HOME to Maine in 8 months. I am desperatly trying to find apartments, homes, etc. to rent while we build our home on the 5 acres in Caribou. Does ANYONE know if the Caribou/Limestone area has apartment complexes or is there a rental agent in the area. I got info from the Chamber of commerce and most of the phone numbers have been disconected from the landlord listings. Any help ANYONE can give me would be wonderful.
The pictures of the snow just makes me want to come NOW. We miss everything about Maine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 08:15 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Abby, I'm sure when Bydand comes on he can give you a better piece of advice than mine--but, have you tried taking out an ad in the local paper up there? That might generate some calls--or, you could set up an email account specifically for responses to the ad, and then it wouldn't cost anyone anything to give you a lead. Good luck!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 AM

449 posts, read 1,698,970 times
Abby,
We moving soon and I've been keeping an eye on a few newspapers and sites.
I don't know if this helps but craigslist for maine has a 2 BR house rental in Limestone. You might want to check it out.

midwestmom

Old 11-07-2007, 08:44 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Hi! What exactly are you looking for? Apartment? Home? Do you have kids and need some room? I know there is an apartment building right on the corner of Fort Road and the Presque Isle road, that has a few openings.. Right at the stop light (Used to be a blinking light a few years ago). I do know that most people there have been there for several years. 8 months out is quite a while, but doesn't hurt to look and contact early I know. If interested send me a message and I'll get the owners number for you. I'll look in the paper today when it comes out to get an idea of what is out there usually. and try to get some other numbers as well.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:44 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
We found the best way to find rentals throughout Maine are the Classifieds section of the local papers and Craigslist. Some realtors also handle rentals.

Caribou is a lovely area. Best wishes!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:46 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Ah, I knew the name sounded familiar. Did your hubby find a sign company up this way?

Old 11-07-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Ah, I knew the name sounded familiar. Did your hubby find a sign company up this way?
Yes, He found Paterson sign group in Limestone and they have pretty much said YES to him. He works on thier signs when they are sent to Florida to put up. We are looking for a one or two bedroom. House or apartment, we have one small dog (under12 pounds) and one old fat cat. We are from the Cape Neddick Maine area until our 30's and have lived in hot miserable Florida for the last 20 years. We want to come HOME. Any help you can give me with places would be so great. Abby

Old 11-07-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
We found the best way to find rentals throughout Maine are the Classifieds section of the local papers and Craigslist. Some realtors also handle rentals.

Caribou is a lovely area. Best wishes!
Thankyou Mark, I did find one place on thier that I can stay in contact with for a small house that I like.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmom View Post
Abby,
We moving soon and I've been keeping an eye on a few newspapers and sites.
I don't know if this helps but craigslist for maine has a 2 BR house rental in Limestone. You might want to check it out.

midwestmom
This was a great help. Thank you ALL so much for your help. Can't wait to get to Maine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine