Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 07:40 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
OMG Peachie! That's the best laugh I've had in a long time!
Laughing at "The Fashionably Challenged" is not nice MW. Didn't your mother ever tell you that?

(Hey wantta met for lunch today?) oops sorry mods.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:53 AM

6,630 posts, read 13,534,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
(Hey wantta met for lunch today?) oops sorry mods.
I'm sick.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:29 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I'm sick.
awww... I'm sorry. I didn't know.
Take care, I'm getting over a cold.
*chicken soup and more soup.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:33 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,461,307 times
Peachie, too funny. Yes, heels on ice is a very dangerous mission not to be attempted by those who have not yet mastered the skill, like me.

Your list is wonderful. IMO- the cons far out weigh the pros.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:30 PM

181 posts, read 485,492 times
MW, hope you feel better soon.

Agree 100% about warmth overruling fashion! There are ways to make warmth fashionable though, & to have some self-expression. I'll be bedazzling a few fleece hats, that's for sure. Started sewing winter outfits for my godchildren; it's so much fun!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:03 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,242 times
Are you telling me that insulated earmuffs and a hood won't be enough? FYI. when my hair is long and the static cling combined with wearing a hat. Well, let's just say foot high fro.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:00 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,461,307 times
Not if you're planning on spending a lot of time outdoors. That'll be enough to get you to the car or the mailbox though!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:29 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,417,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Peachie, too funny. Yes, heels on ice is a very dangerous mission not to be attempted by those who have not yet mastered the skill, like me.

Your list is wonderful. IMO- the cons far out weigh the pros.
I was looking through Brad's shoes and work boots to see what we may need to buy him for snow/ice conditions. Then, I naturally gravitate to my own shoe stash.....I'm looking at sorting my shoes and wondering if I'll EVER again wear my stilletos. WHERE would I wear them, even if I could walk in the ice with them. Then I look up to see all the silk and satin blouses that match the lovely leather and satin shoes.......I need to have a major yard sale and just chunk most of what we have in our closets!

And our Christmas lists grow and grow and grow........

Old 11-19-2008, 09:07 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,346,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Are you telling me that insulated earmuffs and a hood won't be enough? FYI. when my hair is long and the static cling combined with wearing a hat. Well, let's just say foot high fro.
I hate to comment on 'poofy hair'

A wool scarf covering the back half of your head, the back of your neck and wrapped around your neck-throat. Before you put on your jacket.

Then a stocking cap to hold it in place.

This combination works very well.

I like to use a terry cloth towel as a scarf, a trick that I learned in the Navy. Underneath your hat and peacoat to cover the back of your neck, ears, throat and checks. Works fine.

A howling gale and you can stand in-place with frozen sea foam and hail pounding you, just fine.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:33 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,417,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Well, a remote car started was at the top of his list! He's heard of them, but never could see the use. He said howling wind and -10 degrees is a good enough reason!

He thought the silk LJs sounded rather girly, but would love to see me in a pair! He'll settle for some soft wool ones. He also wants some heavy leather gloves. He can't figure out how he'll take someone's blood pressure or start an IV with gloves on and he can't fugure out how he'll do it with trembling hands. He's a little concerned about that one.

He wants some of those "cool" flannel lined jeans like he's seen in LL Bean catalogue and some boots with the rubber feet.

He says he'll definitely need a snow blower, because it sounds much easier than a snow shovel...this from the man who blows the pine needles in the yard up into a pile to pick up to avoid having to rake!!

And of course, he wants a GPS. He says even without the geocaching possibilities, after living in the same town for 34 years, he's sure we'll spend our first two years in Maine taking the "scenic route" everywhere. That's our way of saying we get lost a lot!

He doesn't fish, mainly because it's too hot and he doesn't like being outside most of the year. He does want to try ice-fishing but says we shouldn't invest in a bunch of equipment before he decides if he likes it.

He also wants a chain saw to cut fire wood. He knows through his fire training that an ax will not be his tool of choice for that task.

He also wants a couple of snowmobiles, but we decided we'd draw too much attention if the neighbors see those parked in our back yard here! Guess we'll wait on those.

He said "anything wool" would be great!

And MBM, he said he prefers brunettes!
Wow! How time flies and little changes!! Still prefers Brunettes!!

And all but the GPS, which we just splurged on, the list is pretty much the same as last year.

ADD: snow shoes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine