Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:15 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times

Advertisements

it IS funny....and so funny to see the dispatcher trying not to laugh!!

(oh, the dispatcher happens to be a graduate of the Police Academy)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 10:00 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,202,567 times
Deer,babit,skunk,bear,moose,owls,turky,all Kins Of Birds.
Ooh Yah And Kids , Thay Are The Wildest.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,824,081 times
deer, moose, red fox, skunks, raccoons, birds(cardinals are my fav) and a pesky family of woodchucks that takes up residence under a shed. When they started getting into the veg garden I built a fence then they started munching on the wife's flowers. Got the good heart traps out and relocated them to a more upscale neighborhood

Old 11-26-2007, 04:59 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
i see deer, fox, raccoons, eagles, ospreys, moose, geese, ducks, and one of my favs, loons (like to hear them at night)
one april about 8 years ago, when the ice was almost melted from the lake, i saw two critters playing on the water's/ice edge,,never seen them before,,, i took a video of them,,,they were two fresh water otters ...
i havent seen them since..

also see turtles,,,two come back every year to lay eggs in my rock garden, and of course the pesky red squirrels, chipmunks, gray squirrels, beavers, porcupines, coyotes, blue herons, patridge, woodchucks, skunks, and all the birds,,,,

Old 11-26-2007, 08:57 AM

65 posts, read 429,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
i saw a couple mullets the other day
Business in the front, party in the back.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:48 PM

161 posts, read 418,866 times
Default Since our backyard is ocean front we see quite a bit.

We have a profusion of birds. Sea gulls being the most common but all shore birds and field loving birds are present. Our favorites are the American eagles and the osprey. We actually had visitors over once who were avid birders and they asked if we ever saw eagles. I said from time to time and on cue one landed in the large spruce tree no more than fifty feet from us. I casually asked what they wanted to see next. We were busting up at that point.

We get deer from time to time along with skunks, red fox and coyotes.

Best of all we get seals and harbor porpoises but the water is a bit too shallow for the whales to come by.

We however have never seen a live moose. Live moose are fantasy creatures. They do not exist. We've never seen one. We saw a dead one once on the side of the road but in my opinion there are no moose in Maine. Those photos in the newspaper are part of some grand conspiracy promulgated by the tourist industry to get more nature lovers to visit Maine.

Alan

Old 11-26-2007, 01:25 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSLubec View Post
We however have never seen a live moose. Live moose are fantasy creatures. They do not exist. We've never seen one. We saw a dead one once on the side of the road but in my opinion there are no moose in Maine. Those photos in the newspaper are part of some grand conspiracy promulgated by the tourist industry to get more nature lovers to visit Maine.

Alan
Then to anybody who is putting the animatronic animals in the middle of the road at night: PLEASE STOP! I almost ran into one of your robots last night. LOL

Old 11-26-2007, 02:36 PM

406 posts, read 1,654,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
deer, moose, red fox, skunks, raccoons, birds(cardinals are my fav) and a pesky family of woodchucks that takes up residence under a shed. When they started getting into the veg garden I built a fence then they started munching on the wife's flowers. Got the good heart traps out and relocated them to a more upscale neighborhood
I haven't seen one cardinal up here...I've put out the sunflower seeds for them and attracted lots of other birds.
I used to hand feed one male...the female was too skiddish.

We've got lots of little critters around the yard and general area. This summer we saw a BUNCH of baby snakes in the grass (almost made my mom not come to visit)...they must nest around here. They didn't bother me in the least. I like the spotted salamanders too.

I would love to see a moose in my yard!

Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,078,481 times
Quote:

My wife used to say that too. We were looking at some property in Conner in the Spring and she had been complaining about not seeing any. I spotted some tracks and scat and showed her, there were plenty. She accused me of rigging it somehow, just to fool her.

Not long after, we spotted a live one somewhere around Baileyville. She had me turn around several times to drive by it, about the third pass she (the moose) spooked and took off. After that we spotted plenty.

Ya gotta work for the first one.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:54 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,578,554 times
Quote:
We have a profusion of birds. Sea gulls being the most common but all shore birds and field loving birds are present. Our favorites are the American eagles and the osprey. We actually had visitors over once who were avid birders and they asked if we ever saw eagles. I said from time to time and on cue one landed in the large spruce tree no more than fifty feet from us. I casually asked what they wanted to see next. We were busting up at that point.

We get deer from time to time along with skunks, red fox and coyotes.

Best of all we get seals and harbor porpoises but the water is a bit too shallow for the whales to come by.

Alan
LOL!

Up here, we lay on the horn to get 'em out of our way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine