Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 07:42 AM

11 posts, read 11,508 times

Advertisements

Hi...I've been lurking CD Maine for ages...now I finally have a reason to post.

I'm finally coming home after too many years in Texas and round the world. YAY!!! Retired 21 years military. Me, hubby (ret military) and a couple cats. Gonna need to buy a house. Looking at Bangor and surrounding to get thru the summer and winter. Can't spend the winter in a itty bitty winnebago with my kittys. Southern babies will need a nice fireplace to play rotisserie cat in front of. "DrMomCat! I dun cookin dis side. Roll me ober, plz?" Lazy cat.

Prefer old house (100+ years?) and NOT flipped/improved (except for plumbing/elect, that would be ok). Just don't like all that new stuff. Like stainless appliances, halogen track lighting. But then again...

I know there are some real estate folks on here.

Could someone please PM me with a phone number so I can start the house hunting now?

FYI, originally from Caribou.

Sorry for any typos. Doing all this on an iphone.

Thanks!

DrMomCat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 08:25 AM

836 posts, read 1,658,177 times
Thanks to you and hubby for your service Now enjoy a long, healthy and happy retirement in beautiful Maine!

Old 02-25-2014, 09:17 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,869,606 times
Congrats to you both on you military retirement and thank you both for your service to our country. Are you planning on going back to "The County"?

Old 02-25-2014, 09:41 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,620,776 times
Nationally, real estate sales were down 6% in January. Maine saw an 8.6% increase. That's nearly a 15% difference. We are having a real winter. Why are we so far ahead of the nation? Buyers anticipate an "adjustment" before long and ask themselves where they would like to be when it happens. The FBI says Maine is the safest state.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:59 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,530,804 times
You might want to get some listings from the Realestate firm "Dawson-Bradford" that is right here in Bangor.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:46 AM

885 posts, read 1,490,964 times
Thanks for your service! I have had VERY good luck using Realty of Maine. They have offices in many towns!

Old 02-26-2014, 10:50 AM

37,328 posts, read 61,154,439 times
As a fellow retired servicemember, I have found Maine is a great place to settle.

Welcome

Old 02-26-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouskelly View Post
Thanks to you and hubby for your service Now enjoy a long, healthy and happy retirement in beautiful Maine!

Thank you. We loved our military service and all it entailed...even the few parts that were difficult or unpleasant. But so necessary. Again, thank you.

I cannot begin to tell you how insanely happy we are to be coming home, even when faced with a 2,500+ drive with our insane kittys. Just the 1/4 mile drive to the vet is bad enough. This is gonna be a riot.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Congrats to you both on you military retirement and thank you both for your service to our country. Are you planning on going back to "The County"?
We plan to start around Bangor first, spend the summer and winter there, while doing a more permanent househunt.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Nationally, real estate sales were down 6% in January. Maine saw an 8.6% increase. That's nearly a 15% difference. We are having a real winter. Why are we so far ahead of the nation? Buyers anticipate an "adjustment" before long and ask themselves where they would like to be when it happens. The FBI says Maine is the safest state.
We miss our snow! Last summer here we had almost 30 straight days of 120 degree temps...and that was BEFORE the 99% humidity was factored in for the heat index.

Oh yes, safest. And prettiest. Best food.

THE BEST PEOPLE!

All aroound, just THE BEST!

Ok, I'll calm down now and quit typing in all caps.

(Well, maybe I'll quit typing in caps...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: