Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 07:32 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times

Advertisements

It is totally beyond comprehension that Maine being a "must issue" state makes it a place where one wants to "stay forever," which is, after all, the topic of this thread.

In other words, if the only thing that matters is your ability to carry a gun, you have other issues that should be addressed.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:45 AM

534 posts, read 904,893 times
I agree Mensa...if the love of a someone's life is a device meant only to kill, then something is on the precipice.
Again, if Maine will never have the gun "freedoms" that the enlightened legislatures of Florida, Georgia, or Mississippi have granted, why doesn't a gun lover run to the embrace of a state that produces people that shoot others over texting in theaters?

Old 05-02-2014, 08:41 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times
Good grief, Christinerica; Is that what ACORN told you? Check out a link that tells the real story. These are clergymen:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9RABZq...layer_embedded

Resistance to tyranny begins at the individual and local level. It was individuals who stood against tyranny at Lexington and Concord on Aril 19, 1775. If course, today people will not line up in rows opposite each other a drone launched missile fired by a technician in an air conditioned room far away from the scene where tyranny is being imposed could take out the whole group.

Fourth generation warfare will be conducted by the rifleman in the forest. That is what stopped the Soviet Union from taking over tiny Finland in WWII. The Russians called Simo Hayha "The White Death". He once took out a tank with one round by firing a round down the barrel of a tank which detonated the shell inside the tank. Simo used a Mosin Nagant bolt action rifle with iron sights. Most his kills were in winter at 400 yards or more. Every February in Maine there is a Frozen Mosin rifle match where people compete to show their skills with the Mosin and other surplus rifles.

Simo Häyhä,

In WWII, General Yashimoto said he would never invade the United states "because there would be a rifleman behind every blade of grass."

"Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God."
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Northern Maine Land Man; 05-02-2014 at 08:50 AM..

Old 05-02-2014, 08:58 AM

747 posts, read 839,672 times
It is always humorous to see the same people that can twist the intent of the constitution so much that they can justify our government to force us to by a product or face a fine or imprisonment, but then firmly believe that the basic right to bear arms was in only about some gobbledygook about preserving slavery. Go figure........

Old 05-02-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Good grief, Christinerica; Is that what ACORN told you? Check out a link that tells the real story. These are clergymen:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9RABZq...layer_embedded

Resistance to tyranny begins at the individual and local level. It was individuals who stood against tyranny at Lexington and Concord on Aril 19, 1775. If course, today people will not line up in rows opposite each other a drone launched missile fired by a technician in an air conditioned room far away from the scene where tyranny is being imposed could take out the whole group.

Fourth generation warfare will be conducted by the rifleman in the forest. That is what stopped the Soviet Union from taking over tiny Finland in WWII. The Russians called Simo Hayha "The White Death". He once took out a tank with one round by firing a round down the barrel of a tank which detonated the shell inside the tank. Simo used a Mosin Nagant bolt action rifle with iron sights. Most his kills were in winter at 400 yards or more. Every February in Maine there is a Frozen Mosin rifle match where people compete to show their skills with the Mosin and other surplus rifles.

Simo Häyhä,

In WWII, General Yashimoto said he would never invade the United states "because there would be a rifleman behind every blade of grass."

"Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God."
Thomas Jefferson
Nmlm, is that a David Barton/Oathkeepers production? Or is it a glen beck gold and survival seed special?

You might want to read about what the stout 2nd amendmend true believers are enjoying out at Cliven Bundies ranch:

Back At The Bundy Ranch, It
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...u?detail=email

Sounds like freedom to me, gun nuts enforcing "checkpoints"! if this is the pinnacle of the gun droolers civilization, please count me out.

Last edited by Christinerica; 05-02-2014 at 09:37 AM..

Old 05-02-2014, 09:41 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,887,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
It is always humorous to see the same people that can twist the intent of the constitution so much that they can justify our government to force us to by a product or face a fine or imprisonment, but then firmly believe that the basic right to bear arms was in only about some gobbledygook about preserving slavery. Go figure........

Exactly. It's a twisting and rationalized piece that reminds me of an info-mercial (yes, I read it. Twice). There is a bit of truth (history) but just enough to draw you in and around the first corner (rationalization). From there it's easy to get you to follow the rest of the subtle twists. People of this mindset do not see any other point but their own and discussion soon turns from talking to yelling and the demeaning of counter thought.

..."gun nuts"... "gun droolers civilization".... My point proven.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Exactly. It's a twisting and rationalized piece that reminds me of an info-mercial (yes, I read it. Twice). There is a bit of truth (history) but just enough to draw you in and around the first corner (rationalization). From there it's easy to get you to follow the rest of the subtle twists. People of this mindset do not see any other point but their own and discussion soon turns from talking to yelling and the demeaning of counter thought.

..."gun nuts"... "gun droolers civilization".... My point proven.
Your NRA has been doing the same since the mid 70's. It's just lately freedom and life loving people are getting tired have having to read about the latest mass shootings, states allowing guns everywhere, and gun companies making profit off death and fear. A child's right to go to school and learn trumps the hell out of someone's ability to carry a weapon.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
Your right, after all how can we be forced to buy car insurance, that's such a gobbledygook law. We 2nd amendment freedom fighters should also not be forced to vaccinate our children, drive as fast as we want and not pay taxes...I right behind you brother !

Old 05-02-2014, 10:15 AM

747 posts, read 839,672 times
Who is forced to buy car insurance?? I have never even heard of that. I buy car insurance because it is my choice to drive a car and my state requires it. And if I drive as fast as I want, I also have to pay the consequences.

However, to force someone to buy insurance just because they happen to be an American, is unconstitutional. And show me any proof that just being an American requires you to get vaccinated or buy car insurance. That I would love to see. As for taxes, I'll give you that.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:57 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
There have been no tyrants causing the need for armed rebellion in the United States under the current government. Not even a reasonable threat of a tyrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine