Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2020, 04:04 PM

762 posts, read 1,750,943 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I've been to Maine several times, always in Rockland/Camden area. After driving through and researching other parts of the country, I keep coming back to Maine as the state I want to move to - but this time I've been reading about Bath.

Did some internet searching and it seems there aren't too many apartments in the Bath area, and some have higher rents than I expected to see. What towns in that general vicinity would be the best bet for low rents, as well as safety? Or should I also consider Portland and the towns closer to it?

I'm a woman of mature age who would be living alone. I'm fine with a studio/efficiency but prefer a 1-BR. I have a car but would like to be able to walk to a downtown shopping area, if possible, and also appreciate cultural happenings, art galleries, etc., but don't need a bustling busy environment. I hope that makes sense!

Also, what options would I have for staying somewhere while I look at places, with things slowly reopening now?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice you can offer!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 07:20 AM

901 posts, read 686,016 times
This rental looks nice and is on Craigslist--it looks like it's right in middle of town:

https://maine.craigslist.org/apa/d/b...139942432.html

You will not find anything with low rental in Portland. Maybe try Westbrook though not sure. Craigslist has something in Old Port for 1880.

Old 06-20-2020, 07:31 AM

12,452 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Midcoast, I think Camden, Rockland and Brunswick would fit your description. Brunswick and Rockland have some 1 bedroom listings now in the $800-$1200 range. I don't see much in Camden, may be high demand there.

P.S. and at the moment, my understanding is that if you want to visit, you should get tested for Covid-19 (a live virus test, not an antibody test), < 72 hours before entering Maine and bring your test results with you as evidence that you're not sick.
https://www.mainetourism.com/travel-resources-covid-19/

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 06-20-2020 at 08:22 AM..

Old 06-20-2020, 04:16 PM

762 posts, read 1,750,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebesmom View Post
This rental looks nice and . . . it's right in middle of town
That is nice, but it's a higher rent than I can afford and way more room than I need. I don't want anything larger than a 1BR, and if a studio/efficiency means a really good deal, I'll take it - even if it's tiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Brunswick and Rockland have some 1 bedroom listings now in the $800-$1200 range.
I prefer that low-end number! Are you also looking on Craigslist? Is that the best resource for finding apartments in Maine? Was wondering if there are any locally-based sites, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
. . . at the moment, my understanding is that if you want to visit, you should get tested for Covid-19 (a live virus test, not an antibody test), < 72 hours before entering Maine and bring your test results with you as evidence that you're not sick.
https://www.mainetourism.com/travel-resources-covid-19/
Thank you for this info. It helps me formulate a plan.

Old 06-21-2020, 04:22 PM

3,689 posts, read 7,433,571 times
You might consider Augusta.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:07 AM

1 posts, read 784 times
Following. I have the same plans and have similar circumstances. I’m planning to move back north from Florida next spring/summer and starting my research now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine