Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 05:56 PM

19,963 posts, read 30,070,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Alien or no, you can't violate the laws of physics. Forget the gov't, I worked in a DoD research facility for a while, but it'd probably bore you to death if I could tell you about it...it'd be much more interesting if I were to tell the stories about who was doing who...

Drone? You can't tell how far away something is, or how fast it's going, if you don't know how big it is. If it's smaller than you think, it could be much closer than you think, and changes of velocity would appear greater.

Even if there *are* 'aliens', there is absolutely no reason to believe that they are any brighter than we are, and no reason to think that they are any more likely to have discovered a way to [easily] traverse the immense distances of intra- or extra-galactic space...and if there *were* aliens around that were smarter than us, they'd either stay the hell waway from us or exterminate us.
you ever get a head on look at james Carville?? I think the aliens are breeding with us already!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 06:54 PM

22,864 posts, read 28,127,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Alien or no, you can't violate the laws of physics.
I completely agree. But I would point out that the 21st century human race does not yet have all the laws of physics figured out yet. We've only scratched the surface of a very old, very complex cosmos.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:26 AM

1,594 posts, read 4,082,553 times
It's fair to say that a LOT of "UFOs" are government research projects being tested. Think of something like the SR-71 Blackbird, a spy plane that could go at least three times the speed of sound. Unlike the U-2, it was never shot down despite hundreds, perhaps thousands, of missions over the Soviet Union and China. When SAMs were fired at it, the pilot simply hit the gas and outran them. Yet the SR-71 was designed in the 1950s, originally as a high-altitude fighter to intercept Soviet bombers, and built in the early 1960s.

Just try to imagine what has been designed and built in the half-century since. It's safe to say that whatever "new" technology is allowed to become public knowledge -- think stealth aircraft or the recent revelations that the NSA can use facial recognition technology from satellites in space -- the black agencies and military already have something at least an order of magnitude beyond it.

Facial recognition from space? Oh yeah. When I was in the Air Force at Offutt AFB in Nebraska -- Strategic Air Command headquarters -- the photo recon outfit on base had a trophy wall of photos from nude beaches in Europe. The detail was amazing! And that was in the mid-1970s.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:36 AM

22,864 posts, read 28,127,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
It's fair to say that a LOT of "UFOs" are government research projects being tested. Think of something like the SR-71 Blackbird, a spy plane that could go at least three times the speed of sound. Unlike the U-2, it was never shot down despite hundreds, perhaps thousands, of missions over the Soviet Union and China. When SAMs were fired at it, the pilot simply hit the gas and outran them. Yet the SR-71 was designed in the 1950s, originally as a high-altitude fighter to intercept Soviet bombers, and built in the early 1960s.
Don't be ridiculous. We all know the Blackbird was actually built by Charles Xavier in Westchester, New York for his X-Men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
the photo recon outfit on base had a trophy wall of photos from nude beaches in Europe. The detail was amazing! And that was in the mid-1970s.
And now we know the real driving impetus behind technology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: