Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2014, 11:51 AM

337 posts, read 430,203 times

Advertisements

Hi all.

My wife and I are in love with Maine, so much so that we are purposefully finishing up our home projects as quickly as possible so we can put it on the market, sell it, and then move to temporary digs while we continue our search for a new home there. We have spent and continue to spend a lot of time there doing pretty much everything that Maine has to offer and in all four corners. We’re even heading to Acadia to camp during the last week in September burning our last days of vacation.

I’ve enjoyed Maine a lot and while visiting so much I’ve developed a motto that I follow. Very humbly, I’d like to GIVE this motto to Maine do so with it what is wishes or nothing at all. But, those I’ve shared it with get a chuckle out of it. Here goes:

A Lobster A Day Cooked Any Way.

I know, I know, it’s pretty trite. But, the lobster/fishing industry is always looking for new ways to get locals and visitors more aware of what Maine offers and would like for local consumption to increase. “A Lobster A Day Cooked Any Way” clearly suggests that lobster doesn’t just have to be for dinner. When we go there, we certainly eat our share for dinner but the leftovers go into all kinds of dishes, even for breakfast. Ever have a buttery lobster omelet? To die for.

Anyway, I just thought I’d put this out there and give it to anyone in the lobster business which, I hope, might spike more public interest.

Rome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 05:48 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,086,353 times
I don't think that there are too many in the 'lobster business' here. Heck, some here don't even like lobster (yechhhhh). I've got a girl that works for me, thirty-something, born here and has never even seen the ocean.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:04 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffler View Post

A Lobster A Day Cooked Any Way.

Heehee, have you ever had lobster with nothing on it? It's the BUTTER you love!

Old 09-06-2014, 01:24 PM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
I have seen lobster meat included into a wide variety of dishes.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:36 PM

337 posts, read 430,203 times
I've eaten it pretty much everyway you can imagine and for all three meals including snacks. It's an extremely versatile meat, imho. Most people stop at just steaming or boiling them. Truth is that they are excellent in a huge variety of preparations including grilling, casseroles, as an alternative to crab meat, cold, hot, etc., etc. I try to stick to recipes that allow the lobster to shine rather than to just be a carrier for some other spice or ingredient. Try Lobster Savannah sometime. Wonderous. And Lobster is healthy, too, actually, even WITH the butter. Fat is our friend unlike the mantra that's been chanted since the late 1950s when butter became an enemy. Live and learn, however, and everything in moderation works all the time.

Anyway the idea here is to give the lobster industry something to rally 'round. It's a trite saying to be sure but it does get the point across.

Thanks for the comments! I do appreciate them all.

Rome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine