Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2007, 11:45 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times

Advertisements

Goofing off ...................... errr, working hard and found this on realtor.com. Does anyone know anything about this building? No bedrooms, half bath. Guessing it was a business of some kind........... reataurant maybe? Would be a great place for a little steak and seafood restaurant, though I'm guessing you guys have tons of them up there!

http://www.realtor.com/realestate/pe...66-1087749800/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 12:06 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
I can't tell you much....It used to be a store I think, if it's the one I'm thinking of. It's close to the road with not much parking. One of the big things to look into though is that there's a well and septic system in place, and it's waterfront, so you'd want to find out the size of the system and if it's possible to expand it if necessary. Pembroke has a little riverfront road that is just a short distance to Rt 1. I think years ago this used to be the town center, and if it's the store I'm thinking of that's where it is. If MaineMathTeacher is on sometime she may be able to tell you exactly where it is for certain

ok....I just checked--it's exactly what I thought....the listing agent has it here....

http://www.dueeast.com/our_listings.html?id=627

Old 12-26-2007, 12:15 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times
Thanks MS!! Looking at the pictures it looks more like it's on a river or stream than a bay or something. Just thought it would be neat to have a restaurant on a big body of water. We had one in FL that hubby and I loved. It was built on stilts over the water and all the tables were along the outside so when you looked out the window you could watch the fish swimming right under you. Was really cool!

A deli might be a neat little business there. Serve bagles and donuts with hot coffee for breakfast. Maybe breakfast sandwiches on biscuits or croissants. Then switch to light lunches with fruit and / or veggie salads for lunch. Like a homemade chicken noodle soup that's so thick you need a fork with a chicken salad sandwich on a croissant on the side. Yum......

I seem to be stuck in winter food mode.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:28 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
yum! That sounds wonderful to me!

the property is on a little inlet, and the original listing through Due East says that the property across the street right at the water's edge belongs with this piece, so that would be your parking unless you moved it to preserve that sweet little view.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:53 PM

40 posts, read 97,909 times
They may want to let you know to check out the population of pembroke maine and the surrounding area before considering a restaurant. The food sounds YUMMY though!

Old 01-21-2008, 04:49 AM

12,420 posts, read 3,232,368 times
The food does sound yummy. Just remember, though, that there are only about 870 people in Pembroke and that little place is off Route 1. The two convenience stores on Route 1 serve breakfast sandwiches, pizzas, hamburgers, etc. Fruit salad sounds great on a day like today.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:06 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
Your ideas for the place sound nice for the summer. You really should see the building before you make any plans for it. I was in it when it was a store in '95. It seemed to be in pretty bad shape at that time. On about 1/2 an acre, there isn't alot of room for exspansion of much.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:12 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
There is/was the tea/coffee and biscuit place in Dennysville this summer. It didn't seem to go out of business. In fact I think that I saw a sign on rt1 once that sounded like they pumped up the menu.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:31 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,491,135 times
We drove by it this past summer, and unfortunately, the picture looks better than the actual building. The view was nice, and as Molly said, I remember it being very close to the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine