Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 10:06 AM

749 posts, read 418,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Did you guys feel the air mass change. Awesome day. Dewpoints in the 30s & 40s during the day! (Low humidity)

https://twitter.com/NWSCaribou/statu...82004351643649
Yes!!! We ended up having to run errands, again, yesterday...The change felt sublime and the changing sceenery was breath-taking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 10:22 AM

Currently here, at Aurora, ME, 58F Degrees, Dew Point 37F Degrees, Winds North 10MPH, Sunny and blue skies...Our high is supposed to be 62F Degrees, with a low of 38F Degrees

First night in a long time, we didn't sleep with the airconditioner running Once again we turned on the propane space-heaters to take the chill off as we watched the steam rise from our coffee, cupped in hand....Ahhhh, Autumn (with preparations for soups, stews and other hearty food tempting us and making our stomaches growl), welcome back!

Old 09-29-2017, 10:53 AM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Yeah, this morning was amazing. So refreshing.

Heads up tonight. Bring those sensitive plants inside.

We warm up again Wed-Fri so wont need to keep them in for winter yet.

https://twitter.com/WesternMEwx/stat...41718721323008

Old 09-29-2017, 04:09 PM

Currently here, at Aurora, ME...60F, Dewpoint, 42F, Winds NE 8MPH, Clear with whisps of pastel clouds as the approaching sun sets!

Took a huge sack of ripening and ripe tomatoes over to our neighbors (cause that what you do when you're blessed), visited for spell and while returning home, felt a chilly breeze brace me (even though I was wearing a cotton hoodie). Walked through the shedd (attached to our house), met my husband, Jon who was seated out back, working on some menu boards for a friend's Pub. We toasted tonight (we toast every night when we have a cocktail, beer or glass of wine), to our love and friendship (because we are best friends afterall)! Split-pea soup awaits (with lots of chunks of ham).....Indoors we sip our Hot Toddies and sigh...another wonderous day spent at Birch Meadows farm and the evening darkness closes in to embrace us, once again!

Old 09-29-2017, 06:31 PM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Actually colder then expected now. Freeze Warnings up for northern Maine.

https://twitter.com/NWSCaribou/statu...49396957253632

Old 09-30-2017, 07:57 PM

Currently here, at Aurora, ME, 40F Dew Point 35F, Winds North 1mph, Clear - Forecasted low tonight 34F - There is a Frost Advisory ffrom 2:00am-8:00am!

Thankful I removed the remainder of the green tomatoes to ripen in the house this afternoon...Noticed the Green Peppers had wilted...must have got close enought to freezing last night!
Hung up the insulated drapes in the bedroom this evening - Soon, we will remove the ac and hang the storm windows! So looking forward to a cool nights rest and sweet dreams!

Old 10-01-2017, 04:03 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,682,072 times
This was our first hard freeze. I'll go to camp after church to remove the water pump. We draw water from the lake. After the freeze breaks up the cells in apples, the apples ferment. About a decade ago, a lady near here called 911.

"There I a deer in my back yard. He's wounded and he's suffering."There was no game warden in the area and the lady was advised to shoot the deer.

"Oh, I couldn't. I don't hunt. I don't even have a gun." She decided to call the state police. They too were busy. After a few more calls, a warden showed up. They walked out on the lady's back deck and there was a nice buck, blatting like a goat and staggering around as he ate the fermented apples.

"Lady, He isn't wounded. He's drunk!"

Old 10-01-2017, 05:07 AM

Default Stories from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
This was our first hard freeze. I'll go to camp after church to remove the water pump. We draw water from the lake. After the freeze breaks up the cells in apples, the apples ferment. About a decade ago, a lady near here called 911.

"There I a deer in my back yard. He's wounded and he's suffering."There was no game warden in the area and the lady was advised to shoot the deer.

"Oh, I couldn't. I don't hunt. I don't even have a gun." She decided to call the state police. They too were busy. After a few more calls, a warden showed up. They walked out on the lady's back deck and there was a nice buck, blatting like a goat and staggering around as he ate the fermented apples.

"Lady, He isn't wounded. He's drunk!"
So love reading your stories from the North, Northern Maine Land Man!!!! Keep them coming! P.S. Good thing to know about the apples!

Old 10-01-2017, 05:10 AM

Currently here, at Aurora, ME, 38F, Dew Point 32F, Winds North 2mph, Clear!

The Birch Meadows are covered with frost this morning! Our first hard freeze!

Old 10-01-2017, 06:14 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,682,072 times
The two 24 inch culverts under the road where my brook normally flows are bone dry. I mean dry powder rust dry. There is no flow in my brook for the second time in 34 years.The first time was in 1994. This will be a very poor spawning season for wild brook trout.

Togue or lake trout spawn on sand bars under the ice. Brook trout need good flowing streams in the fall. A splake is a hybrid. My father used to say, "looks like a brook trout, grows like a lake trout;thinks he's a salmon. Like a mule, they are unable to reproduce, but they sure have fun trying."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine