Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 06:20 AM

83,267 posts, read 74,477,134 times

Advertisements

1st flakes for the hills of Maine today?

NWS thinks so

Quote:
Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Gray ME
623 AM EDT Mon Oct 16 2017

.SYNOPSIS...
A cold front will slide offshore early this morning. Canadian
high pressure with cooler and dry weather follows for later
today into Tuesday. A weak surface trough will cross the region
Tuesday night. A large ridge of high pressure will build across
the eastern U.S. allowing a warm dry southwest flow to return
for the last half of the week. A cold front will cross the
region early Friday, followed by more high pressure

NEAR TERM /THROUGH TODAY/...
At 06z...a 990 millibar low was vicinity of the Gaspe Peninsula
with a trailing cold front extending southward along the coastal
plain of eastern New England. NWS Doppler Radar mosaic showed
scattered showers along and immediately behind the surface
boundary. For today...the boundary and associated shortwave
impulse will sweep well offshore by dawn along with much of the
shower activity. For today...a few fair weather clouds outside
the mountains otherwise a mostly sunny and breezy day with
seasonable temperatures. Meanwhile...the higher terrain will see
some upslope clouds along with a few rain or snow showers...largely
elevation dependent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 03:18 PM

They were testing the snow machines yesterday. I assume testing because it would be a waste to lay snow down now. Right?

https://twitter.com/JackieNBCBoston/...96270417731584

Old 10-18-2017, 05:57 PM

749 posts, read 413,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Oh.. you guys should go to a spotter training class. Its free. Its fun. Learn about weather. And learn how to report it. It helps NWS. You'll get a Spotter ID card if you pass the test. The class is free. Find a spot near you.

https://twitter.com/NWSCaribou/statu...46926693011456
Oh, you, Tempter you!.....50+ hours a week and we're longing for spotifying this area!!!! If we long for it...it will happen...Perhaps not this year, though!

Old 10-22-2017, 04:49 PM

Currently, here in Aurora, ME...57F, Dew Point 37F, Winds NE 6 MPH....Sunset and growing cold.....
The leaves swished under my feet today as I traversed back and forth to the clothesline....It was another lovely day - dry and cool with wind (Need to retrieve laundry still hanging on line, but reluctant)...Perhaps last time before cold sets in.....
Sitting outside on our Front Porch and writing while Jon (my Beloved Husband), calls his brother in Oregon)...So thankful we no longer live there
Wednesday we are expecting rain and are thankful...The Lower Beaver Pond (where a young one set up it's dam), sadly, only a bit of water remains (and hope it is safe)!
Looking forward to this week...and whatever it brings...in Hope!

Old 10-23-2017, 07:21 AM

221 posts, read 239,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
Currently, here in Aurora, ME...57F, Dew Point 37F, Winds NE 6 MPH....Sunset and growing cold.....
The leaves swished under my feet today as I traversed back and forth to the clothesline....It was another lovely day - dry and cool with wind (Need to retrieve laundry still hanging on line, but reluctant)...Perhaps last time before cold sets in.....
Sitting outside on our Front Porch and writing while Jon (my Beloved Husband), calls his brother in Oregon)...So thankful we no longer live there
Wednesday we are expecting rain and are thankful...The Lower Beaver Pond (where a young one set up it's dam), sadly, only a bit of water remains (and hope it is safe)!
Looking forward to this week...and whatever it brings...in Hope!
what did you guys not like about Oregon?

Old 10-24-2017, 12:00 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,851,537 times
The LOW for tonight is supposed to be 61.....that's like mid-summer!

It has been just a great year here in the County. People say the weather here is terrible, but for anyone who does not like heat much, it's just perfect. Last winter was not too cold, and we had consistent snow cover the entire winter--appreciated by the winter sports people. Spring was great........April can be cold and snowy but not this year. Other than being a bit dry, summer was perfect..........no days in the 90s (we usually get a few). And this fall has been phenomenal, and a good forecast for the next week. (It's a good thing this week's rain didn't happen earlier in the month or they wouldn't have gotten the harvest done).

Old 10-24-2017, 06:28 PM

Default Oregon - living on the edge (a hot one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexasEngineer View Post
what did you guys not like about Oregon?
I am a Native Oregonian and my husband a Native Washingtonian.....Not only did we suffer from a climate that became warmer and dryer, there were too many people...The Portland, Oregon Metro area is close to the total population of Maine! Since both of us were starting over again when we remarried, we decided we wanted four seasons (especially with snow in the winter), and just about everyone around here carries guns (even the fellow who deliveres our oil), which contrary to some folk's beliefs, we feel safer!

Old 10-25-2017, 10:51 AM

Holy crap... Muggier in Maine than Florida today! This is a special moment..lol

Dew points in the muggy 60s in Maine while very dry 40s in Florida!

This is because Maine is still on the east side of the Jet stream which is digging way down south.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:55 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,090,105 times
Default What you see will be what you get in 2 months

This is the kind of storm we are going to be seeing this winter. The colors will be pink and white.
Attached Thumbnails
Maine weather thread-winter.png  

Old 10-25-2017, 12:58 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,090,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
just about everyone around here carries guns (even the fellow who deliveres our oil), which contrary to some folk's beliefs, we feel safer!
Good for you. Down on the coast almost no one carries a gun. Lots of people own one they could carry, but few of us do. I did see some dude in Ellsworth in an open carry at Walmart. People gave him a wide wide berth, almost like he had a bad bad case of body odor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine