Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 06:56 PM

565 posts, read 934,670 times

Advertisements

Funny thing is the water came up thru the gray water drain that goes out to the ditch. The wash machine empties to it and I also empty dehumidifier water down there. I went out to the ditch and made sure the ditch was moving and the exit wasnt clogged, however water still poured into the basement. I feel like it was not properly installed.

Between the pump and the shopvac its mostly cleaned up, well I should say the standing water is mostly cleaned up, I think it's going to take weeks or months even for this to completely dry out.

Luckily I have a bunch of fans and a few dehumidifiers already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 07:50 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,299,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthetrees View Post
Funny thing is the water came up thru the gray water drain that goes out to the ditch. The wash machine empties to it and I also empty dehumidifier water down there. I went out to the ditch and made sure the ditch was moving and the exit wasnt clogged, however water still poured into the basement. I feel like it was not properly installed.

Between the pump and the shopvac its mostly cleaned up, well I should say the standing water is mostly cleaned up, I think it's going to take weeks or months even for this to completely dry out.

Luckily I have a bunch of fans and a few dehumidifiers already.
"grey water" - ? Is this a trailer/double wide ? If it is, there is a fix for that but I wanted to be sure before I stated it.

We had water come up through our second well connection- ie the water level was so high it exceeded the outlet and followed the pipe into the house towards the water pump. Not much can be done about but the well sure is high !!

Old 10-01-2015, 09:19 AM

565 posts, read 934,670 times
No regular old house. Grey or gray water is just waste water that is NOT from the toliet... you wouldnt wana drink it but its not very dangerous/doesnt need to be processed thru the septic system. Although I can imagine its probably not legal in many other states.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:27 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Many cities require that all waste water go into their municipal treatment facility.

However I think it is pretty common in most states, that grey-water is not required to go into your septic system. Only black-water is required to be 'treated'.

Our grey-water is separate from our black-water. It greatly reduces the load being put on a leech field.

Many people in the 'Back-To-The-Land' / off-grid Homesteading movement use their grey-water to water their gardens. This happens especially in drought-prone regions.

We do not use our grey-water for our garden, but only because we chose to settle in a non-drought region.

This past weekend my Dw attended a workshop on gardening with humanure. We have known gardeners who use humanure, but was kind of surprising to see how commonly it is used.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:49 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
In Maine as you know there are the Main climo sites like Caribou, Bangor, and Portland. Then there are sister stations co-op sites here and there which can be found with this OBS link...

Then there are reports from the Cocorahs Program. Another cool link to keep.. You can choose your dates, states, and sort by columns. Here was the rainfall amounts past 3 days so far.. WOW

CoCoRaHS - Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network

Old 10-02-2015, 06:04 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Another guy to follow on Twitter.. He's out of Portland. I have a ton of weather peeps Im following. Makes the news reel so much better because it's like a constant stream of weather updates from all over.

I'll have to make a long list eventually.

https://twitter.com/RogerWMTW/status/649916844631982080

Old 10-04-2015, 09:35 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,127,052 times
Default Winter is coming.....

It was 30 degrees at my house outside of Bar Harbor this morning.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:13 AM

124 posts, read 173,127 times
Sugarloaf was covered in heavy frost yesterday near the top. The guys working the lift said it was spitting a little snow earlier in the day.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:11 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,299,977 times
We were 29 F this morning when the dogs woke me up at 4:30. Why so early I thought- only to see a large fisher in the yard. My guess is that since a few of mine wonder sometimes at night, they must have spotted the fisher. That would be a first for them, and for myself.

Then the deer, then the turkeys, then the fisher again.. and saw a skunk on the prowl at the neighbors driveway.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:31 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
It is unusual to see a fisher in the daytime. It must be a young one who scented food in your area. Fishers have strong scents; not as strong as a skunk, but enough to alert any self respecting dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine