Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:36 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,874,924 times

Advertisements

Tri-City Pizza! OMGosh, my DH was born and raised in Bangor and all I heard about was how fabulous Tri City Pizza was. We were up there shopping one day and I insisted that he go there and get one ( I don't eat pizza). Well, after all that time and MY homemade from scratch pizza, he was so disappointed!! Of course, it had been at least 15 years since he'd had a pizza from Tri City, and you know what memory does to food. LOLOL

The Weathervane in Belfast does have good food. The one in Waterville tends to cater to the senior citizens of the area and the food is mediocre at best. I don't think I've eaten at the one in Brewer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 11:53 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,751,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
LOL I'm not as good as back then either......who is! And I havent had a bad experience either.
LOL
You crack me up, elston!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:56 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,751,635 times
Default Favorite restaurants

Chase's Daily - Belfast

Becky's Diner- nothing finer!!!!- Portland

Haraseeket Lobster Shack ( on the water) South Freeport

Old 01-03-2008, 03:47 PM

12,420 posts, read 3,230,916 times
If you're in Presque Isle, try the Irish Setter Pub. I have never seen such a huge burger!! It was delicious.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:52 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
The Irish Setter Pub has some great food for real reasonable prices. And the atmosphere is good as well. It is hard to believe that was a run down sporting goods store not that long ago. Next time in you have to try the stuffed potatoes, they are other wordly. The have fresh bacon and cheese and other seasonings in there and then are deep fried to give everything a crispy outside and perfect inside. Plus it is one of the few places in Presque Isle to have Guinness on tap.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:18 PM

612 posts, read 1,215,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
The Irish Setter Pub has some great food for real reasonable prices. And the atmosphere is good as well. It is hard to believe that was a run down sporting goods store not that long ago. Next time in you have to try the stuffed potatoes, they are other wordly. The have fresh bacon and cheese and other seasonings in there and then are deep fried to give everything a crispy outside and perfect inside. Plus it is one of the few places in Presque Isle to have Guinness on tap.
My DH (Maine4.us) said he will definitely take a drive up just for the Quinness on tap!

The pubs we visited in Ireland were great(called public gather in places)with family dining/sitting area plus the bar with locals playing music. We had a fabulous/educational trip to Ireland, friendly people, great food and beautiful country.

Last edited by Eastport4me; 01-03-2008 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: add words to sentence

Old 01-03-2008, 05:22 PM

263 posts, read 616,246 times
Bintliff's Ocean Grill at the Sheepscot Inn in Wiscasset
a little pricey, but delicious!

Darby's in Belfast
Village restaurant in Camden

Old 01-03-2008, 07:33 PM

139 posts, read 362,610 times
I would also add the "Irish Setter Pub" to my list. Also, while your up here in Northern Maine, I would recommend "Slopes" in Presque Isle.

"The Lakeview Restaurant" in Saint Agatha, has a beautiful mountain view of Long Lake and a killer blooming onion and hot wings.

"The Sporting Club" is also lake side and have awsome dishes, however don't be too thrifty as this place will cost you. Food is good however.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:39 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Valley Living, The Long Lake Sporting Club! That is the real name of the place I was thinking of.

As a side note, if anybody goes to Slopes, go to the Pub side, the dining side has about as much ambiance as eating in a school gym. I cannot recommend the Flatiron steak enough there as well!

The Lakeview is a very good place to eat, a bit noisy if full, but the views are fantastic.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:34 AM

281 posts, read 1,054,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Welcome to the forum!! The Weathervane has a good lunch menu, I like to get the "1/2 and 1/2" with scallops and haddock. I haven't been there in a couple years but always enjoyed it on a shopping day that included Marden's.
OMG LOL Mardens!!! I had to show my husband of 9 years (never been to Maine) a marden's comercial on You Tube. He thinks we are darn nuts!!!!

Ok...back to the food...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine