Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:35 AM

332 posts, read 1,625,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
It is rare for Maine to have homicides where the people involved do not know each other. We had the lunatic that killed three people at the bed and breakfast in western Maine. Six were drug related. The other 12 were among family members, ex-boyfriends etc.
That's true just about everywhere. Most victims/killers are connected. I recently saw something where out of the 400-some murders in New York City in 2007 (itself a 40-year low) only about 20 were random stranger-on-stranger killings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 09:41 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times
You are right El. Not only the ones that happened this year, but most people can tell you the ones that have happened for years. Some stand out and even many years later they are still a raw nerve for the entire state. Case in point, ask anybody about the nuns that were killed here in Maine. Anybody who was here at the time can tell you what happened and most can give the timeline that came out during the investigation. It was something that was so out of the ordinary and so against what the people of the state are used to, that I hesitated to even bring it up to tell the truth. What happened there, would make a corner of the front page, and maybe a teaser blip on the news in some other parts of the country. This happened almost exactly 12 years ago, and is still fresh for us. I still unconsciously remove my hat whenever I drive by the location it happened (DW asked me why I had taken my hat off, then put it back on just down the road, I didn't even know I did it). I know others who do the same. It happened about 3 hours south of where I live, and still affected people all over the state. (No I'm not Catholic, so that has nothing to do with it.)

Each and every murder here makes the front page of not just the local newspaper, but every single paper in the state usually.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:17 AM

228 posts, read 220,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
That doesn't tell the whole story...Drug killings were way up from previous years. I believe it was 5 separate killings that were drug related. That includes the one in Saco where Shra and this other clown gunned each other down with AK47 assault rifles. One of them was gunned down and the other one shot himself after a standoff with police. Either way it was good because both people that were killed were scum bags.
It was good because both people where scum bags???What makes a scum bag in this state??Are you a scum bag if,you are a smoker? If you are a mormon? If you drink beer? If you drive a beat up car? If you are addicted to drugs? If you don't where the right clothes? If you don't have the right job? If you have a opinon that some people do not agree with? If your a cop that doesn't follow the law? So is it okay in the state of Maine because you are addicted to drugs that you are killed and we are pleased with that? Be careful what you ask for I know so many people that are addicted to prescription drugs and they go to thier doctor's and complain and the doctor's give them more!Guess it's okay if it's "legal" Is the compassion for each other gotten that bad in our state that it is okay to kill the scum bag's? And who is going to be the judge that rules weather you are a scum bag or not?

Old 01-03-2008, 10:21 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's tell the truth View Post
It was good because both people where scum bags???What makes a scum bag in this state??Are you a scum bag if,you are a smoker? If you are a mormon? If you drink beer? If you drive a beat up car? If you are addicted to drugs? If you don't where the right clothes? If you don't have the right job? If you have a opinon that some people do not agree with? If your a cop that doesn't follow the law? So is it okay in the state of Maine because you are addicted to drugs that you are killed and we are pleased with that? Be careful what you ask for I know so many people that are addicted to prescription drugs and they go to thier doctor's and complain and the doctor's give them more!Guess it's okay if it's "legal" Is the compassion for each other gotten that bad in our state that it is okay to kill the scum bag's? And who is going to be the judge that rules weather you are a scum bag or not?
I'm beginning to really question why you are such a verbal advocate of criminals in Maine. I don't think I want to be your neighbor.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:26 AM

I wouldn't consider anybody you mentioned as "scum Bags", I would consider somebody who is a drug dealer, or someone who manufactures and sells to the drug dealers as "scum bags" though. This ties right into your last arguments though doesn't it LTTT. Just a wild guess, your name wouldn't be Mike would it? Sounds like a dumb azz argument he would use to try to justify his drug sales and use. And he was "away" the same 90 days you were away from the forum.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I'm beginning to really question why you are such a verbal advocate of criminals in Maine. I don't think I want to be your neighbor.
Did you really read my whole quote I am not an advocate for criminals but I do not believe we should be happy if someone dies just because we do not agree with there lifestyle. Like a smoker, beer drinker, etc etc.We are not god and not one of us are perfect.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I wouldn't consider anybody you mentioned as "scum Bags", I would consider somebody who is a drug dealer, or someone who manufactures and sells to the drug dealers as "scum bags" though. This ties right into your last arguments though doesn't it LTTT. Just a wild guess, your name wouldn't be Mike would it? Sounds like a dumb azz argument he would use to try to justify his drug sales and use. And he was "away" the same 90 days you were away from the forum.
Bydand do you work for the law inforcement ? Because you seem to want to solve a crime where there is no crime! If it is a crime to help my family when they are in need then that's my crime and my family are doing fine now thank's for asking.I have never been in jail if that's what you are assuming just because I think people all should be treated fairly does not make me a criminal at least I hope not.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:51 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,202,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecruiser View Post
Wouldn't that bring the number to 42 then?
your not geting my point. i beleve if some one was going to kill some one they would think twice about doing it if they knew that they would be put to death.the way the system is right now a person might spend 20 yrs for murder.thats not right if you intentionaly kill another humanbeing you should pay with your life.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:58 AM

LTTT I was just asking a question, don't get so defensive. Nope not LE either, wouldn't work for Caribou PD even if I were. PI isn't much better either. I'm not accusing you of a crime at all, why you so paranoid about it? Never asked about your family, don't really care because I don't know them to tell the truth. Never said thinking people should be treated fairly was wrong either, just said that some people ARE scum and SHOULD be put away. Don't try to defend the guilty with arguments they are treated unfairly, breaking the laws of the land automatically takes you out of the pool of those who need respect and fair treatment in my opinion.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
your not geting my point. i beleve if some one was going to kill some one they would think twice about doing it if they knew that they would be put to death.the way the system is right now a person might spend 20 yrs for murder.thats not right if you intentionaly kill another humanbeing you should pay with your life.
Case in point. Simon got behind the wheel of a car intotoxicated and killed a young mother Nicole Philbrook he recieved 4 year's in jail. He had 3 prior OUI's and was operating after suspention. Somebody explain that to the child when she grow's up. Maine's government is set up to keep the judical system going so they can get more federal money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine