Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 04:29 PM

38 posts, read 51,871 times

Advertisements

No question about it. Crime, especially violent crime is low here. Some would use that as an argument against concealed carry, permit or no. They would contend that it's just not necessary. I say that the low crime rate is precisely why permitless concealed carry wouldn't be a problem here. Mainers for the most part are a peaceful lot. But there are some places that are not so tranquil. When I lived in central Virginia, the evening news most nights consisted of stories about the latest double homicide, home invasion, armed robbery or car jacking. They barely had time for the weather and sports. Tell you what. YOU keep your I-phone with 911 on speed dial and hope the dispatcher is not on a bathroom break or the patrol unit on a donut run. I'll keep my .32 automatic, thank you.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:43 PM

76 posts, read 98,949 times
By court or vote...and we are adding more voters to our side, than Fox News and the NRA can create what voters are you adding, the illegals Obama is giving amnesty to, are those the voters you're speaking of? I'd say you are familiar with a colostomy bag, at the rate you spew crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydDbarber View Post
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

A comma separates the prefatory clause from the operative clause. The operative clause, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." stands on its own. The prefatory clause merely states a purpose for protecting the right. The Bill of Rights applies to all individuals. If the intent was to guarantee the militia the right to bear arms the amendment would have been worded differntly such as:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of militia members to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Instead it states the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The constitution does not grant us the right, rather it prohibits the government from infringing on the right that we already possess.
When you are appointed to SCOTUS I'll pay attention to your interpretation.

I'll say again, your "right" to a gun is only a scotus decision away from saying bye bye. Much like owning slaves, your "right" can easily be eliminated. By court or vote...and we are adding more voters to our side, than Fox News and the NRA can create. 25 years and guns will be have the stigma of a colostomy bag.[/quote]

Old 03-12-2015, 11:35 PM

625 posts, read 786,988 times
I will let Spock splain this one to ya..

Old 03-12-2015, 11:49 PM

631 posts, read 744,947 times
http://www.itstactical.com/wp-conten...ad-dot-org.jpg

I have a much better approach, but it's not going to do anything to anti-gunners.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:08 AM

1,453 posts, read 2,189,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomkz View Post
Try living in the central valley of California for about a year. You'll change your mind really fast about "there is no such thing as a dangerous place".
I used to fly hang gliders in San Bernadino at Crestline and have been all over the world from Maine to S. America to Beijing. Know your surroundings, know your limitations and don't put yourself in a bad situation. I can't figure out where you think I said "there is no such thing as a dangerous place." It isn't the place that's dangerous.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomkz View Post
http://www.itstactical.com/wp-conten...ad-dot-org.jpg

I have a much better approach, but it's not going to do anything to anti-gunners.

Using logic on a liberal is like beating your head on a rock. The harder you try the more it hurts.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKick's Girl View Post
By court or vote...and we are adding more voters to our side, than Fox News and the NRA can create what voters are you adding, the illegals Obama is giving amnesty to, are those the voters you're speaking of? I'd say you are familiar with a colostomy bag, at the rate you spew crap.

I'll say again, your "right" to a gun is only a scotus decision away from saying bye bye. Much like owning slaves, your "right" can easily be eliminated. By court or vote...and we are adding more voters to our side, than Fox News and the NRA can create. 25 years and guns will be have the stigma of a colostomy bag.
[/quote]

Please help me out here. What # was the right to own slaves in the bill of rights?

"It has been several times truly remarked, that bills of rights are in their origin, stipulations between kings and their subjects, abridgments of prerogative in favor of privilege, reservations of rights not surrendered to the prince. …It is evident, therefore, that according to their primitive signification, they [i.e. bills of rights] have no application to constitutions professedly founded upon the power of the people, and executed by their immediate representatives and servants. Here, in strictness, the people surrender nothing, and as they retain every thing, they have no need of particular reservations."

Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-13-2015, 12:38 PM

1,453 posts, read 2,189,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
Using logic on a liberal is like beating your head on a rock. The harder you try the more it hurts.
Not hard to turn that statement around, but its the far right that's been beaten in the head so many times they just recite what's been fed to them by others. Kinda like the current administration giving "Amnesty" to illegals. An outright falsehood. By the way, GWB was all for "amnesty," but his bill got defeated by the lies and fear from the extreme in his own party. The "amnesty" required leaving the U.S., paying $5,000, and reapplying for admission (which takes upwards of 3 years). But I understand your frustration. It's a waste of time, for example, knowing the INA and Title 8 U.S.C. in pretty good detail, trying to convince someone that gets their information (and intelligence on loan from God) from likes of Beck, Limbaugh and O'Reilly. Oh, the INA and 8 U.S.C. are the Federal Immigration laws. They're actually fact versus what spews from the radio and TV.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:39 PM

93 posts, read 177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKick's Girl View Post

I'll say again, your "right" to a gun is only a scotus decision away from saying bye bye. Much like owning slaves, your "right" can easily be eliminated. By court or vote...and we are adding more voters to our side, than Fox News and the NRA can create. 25 years and guns will be have the stigma of a colostomy bag.
[/quote]

Oh please...Faux News viewers are dying off, Ponnie RayGun and Dubya also had amnesty programs...your thoughts are old and mouldering in the ground

Old 03-13-2015, 04:35 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,574,864 times
A nation without borders is not a nation. Europe is learning that. Germany has threatened to cut off credit to Greece. Greece countered by threatening to turn loose the 10,000 jihadists being held in Greece and send them all to Berlin. Your move, Angela Merkel.

Everybody knows that Greece can never pay back its debt. ('Never' is a really long time.) The world is beginning to realize that the USA can never meet its obligations either. As economists accept that fact there is a chill going through world financial circles. There are 92,000,000 Americans of working age who are not working. That means they are not paying income taxes and not spending much money in our economy. Our economy is grinding to a halt.

Russia has just enacted a law establishing the BRICS economic community with their own banking system. The relevance of the World Bank and the US Federal Reserve have been diminished. When The Adjustment comes in our country, where would you like to be, Atlanta, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Newark, New York City, Boston or Maine? I'm impressed with the people coming to Maine.

Several years ago, Charles MacArthur of Maine wrote a book called "The Adjustment" depicting the journey of a couple who left an area that was unsafe and went to a more stable area in western Pennsylvania. It is an interesting read and quite plausible. When The Adjustment comes it will be necessary for people to carry. Dialing 911 will not result an any effective response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine