Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 11:43 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Can I hide in your luggage!
Absolutely!! I'll stick you in my carry on!!

Ok, looking at June for the get together (hopefully) and September for the Salmon / pirate festival. Sheesh. Then I've got Key West in November / December for the Pirates in Paradise there and Key West in April. And a forum get together for TN in April. Guys, I need to win the lottery!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 11:56 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,461,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappycamper View Post
Have you tried Kayak.com? It will go through all the different airlines, travel sites and ect. Its pretty amazing how much you can save.

I always use Kayak and reccommend it to everyone. I just bought my daughters round trip ticket from PWM to FLL for $247. Not bad for prime time spring break season- March.

Another one is Yapta.com. They'll notify you if a fare you've already purchased has dropped in price, you are then due a travel voucher refund from the airline for the difference in the rate.

I'm getting jealous... everyone's headed home.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
I always use Kayak and reccommend it to everyone. I just bought my daughters round trip ticket from PWM to FLL for $247. Not bad for prime time spring break season- March.

Another one is Yapta.com. They'll notify you if a fare you've already purchased has dropped in price, you are then due a travel voucher refund from the airline for the difference in the rate.

I'm getting jealous... everyone's headed home.
Well, I'll carry two carry ons - you can hop in the other!!

Thanks everyone for the different sites for tickets. Our vacation plans seem to continue to get bigger! We're looking at 5 different ones for this year alone. It'll be the first real vacation we've had in over 3 years!

Old 01-23-2008, 01:18 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,461,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Well, I'll carry two carry ons - you can hop in the other!!

Thanks everyone for the different sites for tickets. Our vacation plans seem to continue to get bigger! We're looking at 5 different ones for this year alone. It'll be the first real vacation we've had in over 3 years!

Carry on?.... I'm starting my diet right this minute!

Old 01-25-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Carry on?.... I'm starting my diet right this minute!
Oh no you most certainly will not missy!! We'll eat ourselves silly on the excellent food while we're there, so there is just no point in torturing yourself now!!! I believe in living for the moment. Besides, we'll have to find some strapping hottie to carry all the carry on luggage anyway. Why, I do declare, I'm just a silly little weak southern bell. I can't do a thing myself. I need a big strong man to help me!! (Shall I get one for you two girls too??)

Well, September is it! I'll make flight and rental car reservations in the next few weeks. I'm so excited!! My in-laws will still be at their home in VT, so we'll fly into probably Burlington, stay a couple days and then take a couple more days to drive to ME and stay a few more days in Eastport! I"m so excited!! Come on September!!

So folks, what's the weather like in September??

Old 01-25-2008, 10:00 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
I can only imagine its like something between Brigadoon and Camelot!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:00 AM

Just an FYI. I just did a search on prices for flights. If I do N'Ville to B'ton, VT (closest to the in-laws in Manchester Center) it's roughly $200 round trip. If I do Atlanta to B'ton, it's over $400!!! Double the price even though one of the flights listed from N'Ville to B'ton included a lay over in Atlanta!!

Just a reminder to play around with the flights. What may seem like it would save you some dough could cost twice as much!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:03 AM

Just found one on Expedia through Delta for $158!! Guys, we all need to book and go! It's getting cheaper by the day!

Never mind............... Expedia shows you the base rate, not the full price until you pull it up. Between taxes and fees it's over $200.

Back to Delta.com.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:08 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
When we book flights to come to Maine it will be after we have a contract on the current house, to look at property for our new home. With the possibilities of changes in plans and dates during the closing negotiations....and once there to scope out the market....it may be best for us to forgo the less expensive tickets in favor of something that could be refunded if necessary.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
When we book flights to come to Maine it will be after we have a contract on the current house, to look at property for our new home. With the possibilities of changes in plans and dates during the closing negotiations....and once there to scope out the market....it may be best for us to forgo the less expensive tickets in favor of something that could be refunded if necessary.

Aw, poo. Even if I carry a couple more carry ons for you and your other half??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine