Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 12:37 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,095,422 times

Advertisements

I'm doing ok....lots of contact with attorneys and such, my head feels like it's swimming! Aaron's closest family, his cousins, returned home to Gloucester (yup, Mass) early this morning....only for us to realize that one piece of paperwork hadn't been signed!! So, that's being Fed-Exed down. He's going down to check the boat and crew and may be back in a few days or early next week. This could be a very long and drawn out process but we feel that the least we can do is try to get things the way Aaron would want them to be--he certainly told us all what he wanted.

The house has felt very empty all day--for almost two weeks now there's been quite a few people either staying with us or stopping by. The quiet is nice in some ways, but in other ways it's harder too.

We've all been told to stop reading the papers and listening to news reports because things are being sensationalized and aren't necessarily accurate. We knew some of that all ready. I'd stopped listening on the 25th after talking to a trooper about some of the reports and finding out that the evidence didn't support those reports. For me that's one of the worst parts.

So, thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I've missed you! I plan on getting back in here bit by bit...

Now I'm just worried about Elcarim!

Old 02-05-2008, 12:45 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,073,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I'm doing ok....lots of contact with attorneys and such, my head feels like it's swimming! Aaron's closest family, his cousins, returned home to Gloucester (yup, Mass) early this morning....only for us to realize that one piece of paperwork hadn't been signed!! So, that's being Fed-Exed down. He's going down to check the boat and crew and may be back in a few days or early next week. This could be a very long and drawn out process but we feel that the least we can do is try to get things the way Aaron would want them to be--he certainly told us all what he wanted.

The house has felt very empty all day--for almost two weeks now there's been quite a few people either staying with us or stopping by. The quiet is nice in some ways, but in other ways it's harder too.

We've all been told to stop reading the papers and listening to news reports because things are being sensationalized and aren't necessarily accurate. We knew some of that all ready. I'd stopped listening on the 25th after talking to a trooper about some of the reports and finding out that the evidence didn't support those reports. For me that's one of the worst parts.

So, thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I've missed you! I plan on getting back in here bit by bit...

Now I'm just worried about Elcarim!
Reading between the lines of what has been published, I can pretty much picture what happened and I'd bet it isn't at all the way it looks in the media. I'm sure he was one heckuva good guy, and what happened is a crying shame.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:24 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,534,340 times
It's good to see you Molly. I haven't read anything because all considering, it can't be good news. Obviously he was a good man, you wouldn't think so highly of him otherwise. That's good enough for me. As long as the people who loved and respected him know the truth the rest doesn't matter.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:01 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,009 times
Default not to change the subject...

I am back from my incredibly strange trip west. At least in body. Not sure where the mind is...

I have had a little time to read and not much to post, but I will try to catch up and pick up the traces, while meanwhile not going under in real life. Unemployment $$ should start showing up in my bank account in a week or so, and meanwhile the "usual run of small miracles" is keeping me afloat.

I gave my NC landlord notice with the rent check for Feb. and so Maine will see me, come **** or high water, within the first few days of March.

Now, to find a job and a house (maybe not in that order...)

Old 02-05-2008, 02:19 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,534,340 times
YEAH! I'll be there with a strong back to unload the truck!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
YEAH! I'll be there with a strong back to unload the truck!
Thanks!

I got to help even out my friend K's "moving karma" this round... he used to be the main muscles and truck for everyone he knew but no one helped when it was his time to move. Now disabled, he really needed it and got me...

We had lunch with friends in WV on the way back from KS and I can't believe they are still talking about a visit I made up there a year or so ago to visit them. The day after I arrived, they were scheduled to go help one of their daughters move out of her apt. Most of her stuff was going into storage as she is young, single and still exploring lots of options, and so I went along and helped. That in itself blew their minds, I guess... (that I actually carried stuff to boot! LOL) but on top of that I helped her dad (who is pretty good at packing stuff in a truck) get double the stuff in, and filled the trunk and back seat of my rental car too.

They moved since that (bought themselves a house) and I guess their helpers just stood around and watched. They said they kept thinking "wish Starwalker were here... " From here in NC I was thinking the same thing...

We took the trailer back this afternoon and now have total chaos in here... but by the time it's time to rent a truck, we'll have beaten it into shape again. Look for a "zero-air" move when it comes time to unload.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:07 PM

612 posts, read 1,215,848 times
Molly,
Good to hear from you...so sorry about El...lit a prayer candle...sending healing prayers.

Light a Candle: Your candle (http://www.bne.catholic.edu.au/asp/index.asp?pgid=10981&cid=5602&id=6022 - broken link)

Last edited by Eastport4me; 02-05-2008 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: add link for candle

Old 02-06-2008, 06:06 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,242 times
Molly so sorry, that I didn't catch earlier in this thread about your loss. I'm really sorry to hear about it. Thinking of you.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:29 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,971,311 times
The Irving Gas Station and Convenience store in Eastport burned to the ground yesterday - the only place to get milk and bread after the IGA and the General Store closes. Big article with pictures in today's Bangor News. Sure hope they rebuild it.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
The Irving Gas Station and Convenience store in Eastport burned to the ground yesterday - the only place to get milk and bread after the IGA and the General Store closes. Big article with pictures in today's Bangor News. Sure hope they rebuild it.
That is not a good thing... sounds like it was much needed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine