Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 07:28 AM

612 posts, read 1,215,907 times

Advertisements

Maine Writer,

This song comes to mind, You Will Never Walk Alone...

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark

Walk on Through the wind
Walk onThrough the rain
Though your dreams be
tossed and blown
Walk on With hope
Hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

Old 02-10-2008, 07:36 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,518,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
The Irving Gas Station and Convenience store in Eastport burned to the ground yesterday - the only place to get milk and bread after the IGA and the General Store closes. Big article with pictures in today's Bangor News. Sure hope they rebuild it.
OmG.. I hope no one was injured.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
This Thought For The Day applies to me and DH today.

There's a saying among us "That a Dog is Man's Best Friend", and dog lovers will be the first to tell you. Loyalty, unconditional love, companionship and laughs. Any doctor can also tell you that having pets makes our lives better and makes us healthier, by convincing us to be more active.

Our BEST FRIEND looked like a cat, walked liked a cat, had the personality of a cat but sat to beg and minded like a dog. He was a ginger tabby and his name was Georgio. He was given to me at six weeks old but not completely weened. He bonded first with my DH who fed him kitty formula from a syringe until he would drink from a bowl. He became the most lovable, sweetest, social cat and admired by everyone esp. the veternarian and office staff.

Our FRIEND died today at 7 years old from toxic kidney disease. The house is empty without him and DH and I mourn his passing.
We love you Georgio.
I'm sorry to hear this. Sounds to me like you gave him 7 years of being spoiled that he wouldn't have had otherwise.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:43 AM

Maine Writer, our thoughts are with you. It seems like you will take some of the emotional burden from the family by your kind rememberances.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:43 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,537,201 times
Thanks. I called the family this morning and talked with one of his daughters. My plan was to wait until six or seven people tell their stories then step up for my turn. They're plan is for me to go first. That's ok. I know what I'm going to say. And talking with his daughter this morning was a big help.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
OmG.. I hope no one was injured.
The Bangor News said everyone got out okay for which we are thankful.

DH and I hope Irving rebuilds for the employees and the convenience/gas for Eastport. We think it was the only one in Eastport and would have to drive to the 190/Rt1 intersection in Perry for gas and convenience after the IGA closes in the evening. Correct me if I am wrong!!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:58 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,360,276 times
MW - You are in our prayers this day.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:12 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,379,799 times
I'm sorry for your loss MW. I read about the accident. I don't know what to say but, you're in my prayers and heart.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
I'm sorry to hear this. Sounds to me like you gave him 7 years of being spoiled that he wouldn't have had otherwise.
You are so right. I have so much to say that I will journal and make the summer in Eastport my haven/place to write.

Years ago, as a single parent, I wrote a children's story entitled "Hey Day Hay Ride" that was accepted by the New England Institute of Children's Literature for admission to the program. My DH encourages me to get back to writing.

I have Georgio's picture as my screen saver on my laptop.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:26 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,971,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
The Bangor News said everyone got out okay for which we are thankful.

DH and I hope Irving rebuilds for the employees and the convenience/gas for Eastport. We think it was the only one in Eastport and would have to drive to the 190/Rt1 intersection in Perry for gas and convenience after the IGA closes in the evening. Correct me if I am wrong!!

There's still the Mobil station on County Road just a few blocks from the Irving, but there's no convenience store connected to it. I have heard that the General Store across from the PO, that was closed for the winter has reopened and the IGA is opening earlier but I don't know if they are staying open later. I sure hope they rebuild also but again, my understanding is that the Irving people haven't decided yet what they want to do. If they don't rebuild, I sure hope another convenience store does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine