Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:02 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
And sometimes NOT so tongue in cheek... I think of the book about the YaYa sisterhood myself, so no, not a coven... but as close a bond as a good coven (or any other sisterhood... ) should be.
Yep, and definitely some dancing around the fire! That's fun in any circle!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 09:01 PM

121 posts, read 320,708 times
Oh Yeah, count me in! Call it a coven, call it a circle, or just call it the coolest bunch of ya-ya's on the planet.

Dancing around the fire or dancing in the snow, I'll be there!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:04 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaFeSisters View Post
Oh Yeah, count me in! Call it a coven, call it a circle, or just call it the coolest bunch of ya-ya's on the planet.

Dancing around the fire or dancing in the snow, I'll be there!
Let's just call it family!!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 03:36 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,425,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Yep, and definitely some dancing around the fire! That's fun in any circle!!
OK.....start the bonfire and we'll all sing, "We Are Family."
My singin' t'aint good, but I can bust a move.

[img]http://******************/party-smiley-565.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2008, 09:03 AM

380 posts, read 1,178,590 times
7th Gen, you dance remarkably like James Brown!

Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 AM

We could make it up for the pirate festival. Most likely, we will actually pull in that Saturday evening as the fun is escalating. For those of ou who don't already know, this is the weekend following Labor Day. We will stay up through Thursday afternoon of the following week. If I can talk DH into the trip at all!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:46 AM

400 posts, read 794,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Didn't want this thread to get buried - so we have a consenus for June - there are 4 Saturdays in June, anyone have a preference?

Tapestry - Several of us probably know where you are staying but we would know it from the street address and not the name of the cottage, do you know the house number on Water Street?

The reunion in June in no way precludes meetings in Eastport in other months this summer and fall.
Hi, I'm Tapestry's husband. She's been really busy working (12 hour days) and she hasn't been on in a while, so I wanted to answer this.

We're staying at 9 Water Street from July 12 to the 19th.

We're also bringing our surly 17-year-old (are there any 17-year-olds who aren't surly? ) son with us. If anyone could help us with pointing him to something to do, it would be greatly appreciated. He's a volunteer fireman and a PA certified EMT if that may give anyone some ideas of where to point him. We're also going to arrange a tour of the Coast Guard station for him as we're trying to encourage a stint in the service and, for obvious reasons, would want him to go into either the Coast Guard or the Navy.

Since Sue (Tapestry) has been working the long hours, hours spent at our home computer, she usually vegges out in another part of the house. Hence, she's not been on here lately. I'll check in from time to time to keep informed on the goings on here and apprise her.

Last edited by dano04631; 04-09-2008 at 08:16 AM..

Old 04-09-2008, 04:54 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
We could make it up for the pirate festival. Most likely, we will actually pull in that Saturday evening as the fun is escalating. For those of you who don't already know, this is the weekend following Labor Day. We will stay up through Thursday afternoon of the following week. If I can talk DH into the trip at all!!!
Dramamama did not mention this but we have reservations for a cabin at hocking hills in May, however my great aunt Mildred died on Feb. 26, which I found out when the Quoddy Tides came in the mail. I am grateful we were able to make it up last September and I had that one last chance to see her while she was still alive. There are going to be services set for sometime in the spring but I have not heard of an exact date, so if we change our plans we could be in for somewhat of a family reunion depending on who will be able to attend.

If we don't make it up then we will see what we can do on our end to come up in September, if gas goes up to $4.00/gallon it will cost us $450-500 just to drive up and back and we have a kid in college and a dachshund that we have to leave somewhere so it's still up in the air.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:33 AM

I rhink somewhere in one of these threads I mentioned that we were going away for our 20th in May and that';s why we would have to wait until September. However, that was before we found out about Aunt Mildred. We will have to see, but we'll keep you posted!

Old 06-05-2008, 08:04 PM

263 posts, read 616,491 times
Default Is there still a get together?

I was wondering if the ya-ya/yo-yo meeting was still happening this month.

Does anyone know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine