Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 10:50 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,899,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin5098 View Post
Not sure where his statistics came from, but here are some stats with sources:

Stats on drug trafficking, race don't back up Maine governor

The 36% number is found in the following paragraph:

Hardly the 90% quote by LePage, but statistically significant given Maine demographics.
I bet that for the major dealers (who bring in large quantities from out of state, and give it to the local small-fry to sell to individual customers), the figure is closer to 90%.
I mean does ANY ONE on this forum or in Maine ever read a single newspaper??? (And even THAT is with the BDN and PPH leaving out as many photos as they can possibly get away with...when it's a "person of color"....)

Old 09-09-2016, 11:17 AM

428 posts, read 553,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I bet that for the major dealers (who bring in large quantities from out of state, and give it to the local small-fry to sell to individual customers), the figure is closer to 90%.
I mean does ANY ONE on this forum or in Maine ever read a single newspaper??? (And even THAT is with the BDN and PPH leaving out as many photos as they can possibly get away with...when it's a "person of color"....)

I suspect you are correct about the out of staters bringing in heroin.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:35 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
focus on the drug problem and not parse the gov's words. Being offended is a distraction we can't afford.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:59 AM

428 posts, read 553,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
focus on the drug problem and not parse the gov's words. Being offended is a distraction we can't afford.
I agree. It is unfortunate that there is more animosity towards the Governor than towards the dealers.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:20 PM

23,556 posts, read 18,651,084 times
Yeah really...

You can thank the BDN and others for perpetuating this.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:50 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,671,339 times
That is one of the many reasons they call it "Pravda on the Penobscot".

Old 09-10-2016, 10:41 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,126,531 times
As long as the Guv considers the legislature as a bunch of people who are required to do what ever he says, and people who he can threaten with bodily harm(even if its really not possible) , and who can leave disgusting ungentlemanly messages that children in the household could hear, on the phone lines of legislators, it will be very very hard for them to work together to solve any problems.

Clearly the Guv has very limited mental ability, or is suffering under some kind of delusion. It is his job to work with people who may not agree with him, not to treat anyone who doesn't as if they are lower than whale shat in the bottom of the ocean, and can be stopped upon.

If you or me or anyone else had done some of the things he has done, we would be waiting a court date for some kind of disturbing of the peace or harassment . But our Guv is apparently above the law.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:28 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,899,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
As long as the Guv considers the legislature as a bunch of people who are required to do what ever he says, and people who he can threaten with bodily harm(even if its really not possible) , and who can leave disgusting ungentlemanly messages that children in the household could hear, on the phone lines of legislators, it will be very very hard for them to work together to solve any problems.

Clearly the Guv has very limited mental ability, or is suffering under some kind of delusion. It is his job to work with people who may not agree with him, not to treat anyone who doesn't as if they are lower than whale shat in the bottom of the ocean, and can be stopped upon.

If you or me or anyone else had done some of the things he has done, we would be waiting a court date for some kind of disturbing of the peace or harassment . But our Guv is apparently above the law.
It was only a threat if time machines do, indeed, exist.
That's because he started his comment by saying, "if we were back in 1825".....
Good lord.....

Old 09-10-2016, 11:41 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,126,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
It was only a threat if time machines do, indeed, exist.
That's because he started his comment by saying, "if we were back in 1825".....
Good lord.....
It was a disgusting and ungentlemanly like comment on an legislator's home phone. And I'm sure that if I called you with something like that you would either make a very disagreeable visit to my house or call the cops. Besides, if you'd read my post you would have noted that I said: (even if its really not possible).

You have chosen to take a small item and blow it up, when the post was actually about a much broader and more significant issue: the inability of this man to LEAD.

There no point in making excuses for the behavior of this man. I'd even agree with him on some of his views if he could just act like a normal leader of the state, and not like a crude teenager. The man is a laughingstock on the national scene, which does nothing for us at the national level.

I used to work for a school district where the Super was a lot like that, without the crude disgusting language. Whenever the paper would do a piece on education, they would call him for the last word. And his last word would be something both funny-dumb and ridiculous. It took many years before we we visited another district, that people wouldn't laugh.

People in other states are laughing at us. People in the federal government are laughing at us. It is sad for all of us.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:09 PM

89 posts, read 112,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
It was a disgusting and ungentlemanly like comment on an legislator's home phone. And I'm sure that if I called you with something like that you would either make a very disagreeable visit to my house or call the cops. Besides, if you'd read my post you would have noted that I said: (even if its really not possible).

You have chosen to take a small item and blow it up, when the post was actually about a much broader and more significant issue: the inability of this man to LEAD.

There no point in making excuses for the behavior of this man. I'd even agree with him on some of his views if he could just act like a normal leader of the state, and not like a crude teenager. The man is a laughingstock on the national scene, which does nothing for us at the national level.

I used to work for a school district where the Super was a lot like that, without the crude disgusting language. Whenever the paper would do a piece on education, they would call him for the last word. And his last word would be something both funny-dumb and ridiculous. It took many years before we we visited another district, that people wouldn't laugh.

People in other states are laughing at us. People in the federal government are laughing at us. It is sad for all of us.

That's it in a nutshell, really. He is no longer, if he ever was, an effective governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine