Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 06:47 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But are Blacks the majority of the drug dealers in Maine? The answer is no.

Better yet? Does it really matter the race of the drug dealer if someone is dealing drugs? Why is race important to YOU??
Because nothing happens in a vacuum.
Inner city drug dealers are predominantly black.
If a bunch of blacks or Hispanics from the inner city start to show up in my town, with white local girls at their sides, you bet I want my chief of police to be paying attention.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:51 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times
Quote:
He https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...you-expletive/

From Paul LePage himself: ‘The enemy right now’ is ‘people of color or people of Hispanic origin’
Why did you edit the quote?
"You try to identify the enemy, and the enemy right now, the overwhelming majority of people coming in are people of color or people of Hispanic origin."
You see, this is why your side is absolutely not trusted on this debate.....not trusted to even be honest on basic points (such as what did he say?)
You could argue that we are not at war. You could argue that his stats are off. But instead, you go to the old saw: He is a racist......and then you edit the quote to make that point.
Gross and disgusting.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:53 AM

73,006 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Because nothing happens in a vacuum.
Inner city drug dealers are predominantly black.
If a bunch of blacks or Hispanics from the inner city start to show up in my town, with white local girls at their sides, you bet I want my chief of police to be paying attention.
In the inner city. This is the Maine. Majority of the drug dealers aren't Black in Maine.

If a bunch of Blacks and Hispanics showed up and got White girls, I wouldn't care. If a bunch of White guys showed up and dated the Black women in Atlanta, I would say "more power to them". It doesn't matter to me. Behave like a decent person, it doesn't matter which persons you have on your arms.

I don't think your problem is with drug dealers, but with Blacks and Hispanics in general.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:58 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,151 times
Ever notice that any time someone criticizes a minority they immediately get called a racist by people on the left.
That is standard reply when they don't have an argument...facts be damned.
For example,Bill Clinton said exactly the same thing as Trump about illegals committing more crimes and draining our resources and was applauded for it.....Trump gets called a racist and a hater.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Ever notice that any time someone criticizes a minority they immediately get called a racist by people on the left.
That is standard reply when they don't have an argument...facts be damned.
For example,Bill Clinton said exactly the same thing as Trump about illegals committing more crimes and draining our resources and was applauded for it.....Trump gets called a racist and a hater.
Just answer the question. What is the point in bringing up race? Is it getting anyone closer to getting rid of the problems? Why is race so important in this? Do you believe race is the reason said persons are committing crimes?

Old 09-07-2016, 12:54 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,614,318 times
Close this thread as it'll get out of control fast. It is a contentious-thread-in-making & as such, should not end up spoiling Maine's very valuable info-minded forum w/ inflammatory, & obvious, political chaos. Thanks mods.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Close this thread as it'll get out of control fast. It is a contentious-thread-in-making & as such, should not end up spoiling Maine's very valuable info-minded forum w/ inflammatory, & obvious, political chaos. Thanks mods.
Rather than a closed thread, I would like to see someone who is fair-minded come and post, and actually say things that help.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:10 PM

I will add something. Up until this LePage gaffe, I have heard mostly nice things about Maine. Sure, there are some issues. However, I have not been given much reason to believe Maine is a bad place to be.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:22 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,614,318 times
Quote:
Rather than a closed thread, I would like to see someone who is fair-minded come and post, and actually say things that help.
Green, no offense here but this controversial thread is going to go wrong -- they ALWAYS do re political topics. If another forum, other than here is better, then perhaps it need be moved. But you must know this is an accident/argument waiting to happen. I mean no disrespect to anyone posting in it, but c'mon, we'll ALL know where these end up. I still ask a mod to respectfully close this prior to it going off the rails. Thanks mods.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:52 PM

1,884 posts, read 2,894,622 times
Quote:
I don't know why racial statistics are compiled. Quite frankly, I don't care. This is what I know. If you commit a crime, you do the time. Period. If someone is a criminal, punish them. If there are criminal issues, then solve the problem. Making it a racial issue just inflames alot of problems. So there are some Blacks from other states committing crimes in Maine. If these were White criminals from other states committing crimes, would there being as much racial animus involved?

Yes, I am aware there are people who study that kind of stuff, and make it their life work. I have no respect for them, and I view them as a threat to me personally. You are the one that said race was very important in this. For this reason, what else am I assume other than to you, race is the main factor? Anyone who has so much invested in race, in this instance, this is what I would gather. The only reason I can think is to come up with a race-based solution, one that violates Constitutional rights.

Maybe I am a little angry, at people who want to make things racially charged. I don't think LePage needed to go that far. Saying minorities are the enemy. I'm a minority. Am I the enemy? The only thing he will successfully do is alienate minorities who are in Maine living as law-abiding people.

Now, read over some other posts I've made, the ones from much earlier in this thread.
I already answered your question in your first paragraph above about criminals coming to Maine... Maine has enough criminals born and raised in Maine and criminals from out of state are not wanted.

Stop twisting my words. Honestly, I do not remember saying/posting that "race was very important in this" I am pretty sure I said it was fine with me if the race of criminals was reported regardless of what that race might be. You are twisting my words again because you have a chip on your shoulder about race. Your comment about "race-based solution" just what exactly is your point? I didn't use the term or imply "race-based solution." Do you think that reporting news in a newspaper or on TV or online that mentions the race of a criminal violates someone's Constitutional rights?

I think Mainers prefer law-abiding people to criminals. I think you would be considered an enemy if you were a criminal. Question for thought, Why is it ok for a news program to mention a white person committing a crime against a person of color but when a person of color commits a crime against a white person, mum is the acceptable word.

If you dislike statistics, you must dislike the information on towns and cities available on city-data. Are you ok with weather statistics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine