Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 08:29 AM

333 posts, read 873,621 times

Advertisements

I need a couple of custom paddles made for my kayaks. We do a lot of narrow stream touring and the regular paddles are much to long and bulky. They would almost have to be a regular canoe paddle, but bent like a lightning bolt so you could reach out past the gunnels and then straight down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 08:43 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbets View Post
I need a couple of custom paddles made for my kayaks. We do a lot of narrow stream touring and the regular paddles are much to long and bulky. They would almost have to be a regular canoe paddle, but bent like a lightning bolt so you could reach out past the gunnels and then straight down.
Hey ribbets,
If you can't find anybody local, I know a couple guys here across the border in NH that could probably help you out. One is a wooden boat builder, canoes actually and he makes his own paddles too. The other is a cabinet/furniture maker that was schooled in wood boat construction.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:54 AM

333 posts, read 873,621 times
I even called the kayak manufacture, just north of here and they said all they have are the are standard paddles, but it might be a good idea.. any-one got a patent on this yet..

Old 02-08-2008, 10:55 AM

1,220 posts, read 3,933,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbets View Post
I even called the kayak manufacture, just north of here and they said all they have are the are standard paddles, but it might be a good idea.. any-one got a patent on this yet..
Look at Maine Made: America's Best. There is a canoe paddle maker with a llisting there.

I know that there used to be a custom paddle maker in near Orono...maybe in Stillwater because I went there with a friend who was picking up some paddles for her kayak about ten years ago.

Good luck!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:12 AM

12,420 posts, read 3,231,602 times
Maybe Earl Baldwin in Orrington?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: