Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:54 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,901,545 times

Advertisements

I really like Cruz....alas I have to work!

Old 03-02-2016, 09:57 AM

1,246 posts, read 1,300,277 times
I fail to see why anyone would vote for Cruz.
He is obnoxious and disliked in the Senate, so how he could get anyone to cooperate with him if in the White house is Beyond me.
We already had a president now for 7 years that would not/will not/can not work with the House nor the Senate.
Then Add Rubio- who has missed the majority of his votes in the Senate, has not attended meetings of Committees he is assigned to etc. Talk about lacking job skills !!
Donald Trump is the ONLY plausible Answer to Any of This for President.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:31 AM

1,453 posts, read 2,202,275 times
Pfffft! To all of them. Both sides. America is screwed. Special interests reign. Reality TV takes over. H? No. B? No. C? Absolutely not. T? you mean Drumpf, his actual family name? Come ON! R? Ain't gonna happen. Time for a 4 year cruise of the Caribbean. Maybe longer. Nothing like waking up and tossing a ballyhoo out behind the boat while making 6 knots to the next destination.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:20 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,127,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
It doesn't matter that he was born in Canada. He still meets the requirement of being a 'natural born' citizen, as stipulated/clarified by the Naturalization Act of 1790. His mother was a US citizen, which makes him a 'natural born' citizen despite having been birthed abroad.
Of course.... I didn't know that his mother was an american citizen. Yes... of course.... if either parent is an american citizen then it doesn't matter where you were born. Otherwise people in the foreign service or the armed forces would not become come president.

Thanks for sharing this!

Old 03-02-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Of course.... I didn't know that his mother was an american citizen. Yes... of course.... if either parent is an american citizen then it doesn't matter where you were born. Otherwise people in the foreign service or the armed forces would not become come president.

Thanks for sharing this!
So then here is an odd fact about Rubio.
He was born in 1971, in Miami, to parents that were not citizens. They became citizens in 1975.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:28 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Google searches for 'move to Canada' spike on Super Tuesday | WCSH6.com

Old 03-02-2016, 11:59 AM

973 posts, read 2,380,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineborzoi View Post
So then here is an odd fact about Rubio.
He was born in 1971, in Miami, to parents that were not citizens. They became citizens in 1975.
Rubio is an Anchor Baby. There might be a good argument that Anchor Babies are not US Citizens simply because they are born on US soil. The 14th Amendment states that anyone born here "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" will be a US Citizens. Again, scholars argue that this means complete jurisdiction of and having no allegiance to anyone else. If that person has other citizenship rights because of the birth parent, they can not have complete allegiance to the US, so his parents being Cuban, made him a Cuban citizen which would disqualify him from being a USC at birth. Same goes for all the Mexicans born here. I'd like to see that question answered by the Supreme Court. I don't think its cut and dry that just being born here is what the fourteenth amendment is saying, in fact I know it's not saying that. Again someone needs to tell us what "under the jurisdiction of" means.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:08 PM

319 posts, read 346,272 times
I am a Christian and my faith means a great deal to me and Cruz offends me. In Cruz's 'prayerful' view, God is on his side and that is what matters. Last I read, God is on the side of the weak and disabled and calls us to be our brothers keepers. Not let them die in the streets because they can't work, pay taxes, and buy their own healthcare.

Apparently Cruz forgot, according to the Bible, the meek shall inherit the Earth.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasallyttle View Post
I am a Christian and my faith means a great deal to me and Cruz offends me. In Cruz's 'prayerful' view, God is on his side and that is what matters. Last I read, God is on the side of the weak and disabled and calls us to be our brothers keepers. Not let them die in the streets because they can't work, pay taxes, and buy their own healthcare.

Apparently Cruz forgot, according to the Bible, the meek shall inherit the Earth.
Cruz has been so deceitful in this campaign. A warning of things to come. And fail to see how he can get along with anyone....

Old 03-02-2016, 02:18 PM

19 posts, read 25,674 times
Cruz doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. You are absolutely right, Maineac. We are all screwed no matter who wins. But this should come as no surprise. It's just like Thomas Jefferson said, "the people get the government they deserve."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: