U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:04 AM

12,083 posts, read 36,561,897 times

Advertisements

What is the difference between a bag of trash and a County girl in a bar?

Bag of trash has half a chance of getting picked up.

Now I have to add this disclamer to this particular joke. Some of the prettiest women I have ever seen have been up here in the County. The French heritage and less emphases on gobs of make-up makes for some truly stunning ladies. Dark hair, dark complexion and simple down-home attitudes are very hard to pass by.
This one was told to me by a guy in the Air Force I knew, right after he was stationed here. He changed his mind right after a bunch of us drug him off base and out into the community for a few nights on the town. I never heard him tell that joke after he actually looked around. By the way, he still lives here and is happily married to a County girl. He now has a County girl of his own in the form of their beautiful daughter.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 10:12 AM

12,083 posts, read 36,561,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
A "County" pickup line,.......Nice Azz......get in the truck.

Hey I resemble that remark!

Old 02-19-2008, 10:19 AM

455 posts, read 1,156,400 times
LOFLMAO Keep them coming. They sound kind of like redneck jokes in Florida and "Frenchmen" jokes when I grew up in York County,Maine. But, we kind of had fun telling the Frenchmen jokes since my brother in law is a frenchman from "the county".

Old 02-20-2008, 05:46 AM

281 posts, read 1,002,089 times
Default Ice fishin in the county

Seems there was these two flatlanders come up to the county to do a little togue fishing out at Drews Lake. They had all the modern gadgets and top of the line "Super-sonic" sleds. After they dragged there 3 bedroom deluxe ice shack out and got the satellite dish working. They set to work drilling holes and running baits. Well about two hours and no hits later they spooted this old-timer down the lake about 100 yards hauling fish after fish out of his one little 6 inch hole. They looked around at their rigs and not a flag was flying.
They sat back and waited...drinkin a little JD and some Molson to keep the frost off. Still after another hour........ they still couldn't buy a hit. There he was down the lake...fish hits left right and sideways. The first guy jumped up and stormed down the lake..JD in hand, saying he was goinig to get to the bottom of it and swore he would be right back. Now this fella storms up to the old-timer and in a not so polite tone or manner demanded to know how it was that he could be getting so many hits. The old fella just rolls his eyes at him and mumbles something incoherant. So he gives him the JD and says its to tell him the secret. Again the old fella mumbles something incoherant at him. That fella just storms up the lake .......and tells his pal that the old coot has lost his mind and wouldn't tell him anything. Now was his turn and he was going to get to the bottom of this no matter what. He storms down the lake carrying a case of Molson and some steaks. He instantly offered up the beer and the steaks for the secret.......the old-timer smiles and again mummbles something incoherant. That was it...the second guy grabs the old-timer and threatens to thrash him if doesn't tell them the secret. The old-timer gasps for air spits something out in his hand and in fear for hir life informs the guy that what he had been saying was true............ You have to keep your worms warm!!!!

Now when I was a teenager is was pepper mint shnaups.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:49 AM

281 posts, read 1,002,089 times
NEWS FLASH! - Houlton, Maine----- Maine's worst air disaster occurred when a small two-seater Cessna 150 plane, piloted by two local Maine college students, crashed into a cemetery earlier today in Houlton. Houlton search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so far and expect the number to climb as digging continues into the evening.
The pilot and copilot survived and are helping in the recovery efforts

Old 02-20-2008, 09:42 AM

44,153 posts, read 20,320,564 times
what sort of a fish is togue? The only thing I know that is vaguely like that is a saltwater fish called something like tatogue or black fish. I figure from the context that togue is a fresh water fish.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:44 AM

333 posts, read 811,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
what sort of a fish is togue? The only thing I know that is vaguely like that is a saltwater fish called something like tatogue or black fish. I figure from the context that togue is a fresh water fish.
lake trout

Old 02-20-2008, 09:47 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,003,598 times
The togue in some of the rivers can be really huge, and not very attractive either! Down right ugly looking things.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:23 PM

1,175 posts, read 2,315,499 times
I know this is a bit long, but it came from the web pages of someone from Caribou Maine.

You Know You're From the County When...

You only own four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and mustard.
You design your kid's Halloween costumes to fit over a snowsuit.
The mosquitoes have landing lights.
You have more miles on your snowblower than on your car.
You have 10 favorite recipes for moose meat.
You thought "Grumpy Old Men" was a documentary.
The hardware store on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas.
You live in a house that has no front steps, yet the door is three feet above the ground.
You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard.
Driving is better in the winter because the potholes get filled with snow.
You think everyone from the city has an accent.
You think sexy lingerie is fleece socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.
You owe more money on your snowmobile than on your car.
The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page, but requires 6 pages for sports.
At least twice a year, the kitchen doubles as a meat processing plant.
The most effective mosquito repellent is a shotgun.
Your snowblower gets stuck on the roof.
You think the start of moose season is a national holiday.
You head south to go to your cottage.
You frequently clean grease off your barbecue so the bears won't prowl on your deck.
You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
The mayor greets you on the street by your first name.
There is only one shopping plaza in town.
The municipality buys a Zamboni before a bus.
You find -60 a might chilly.
The trunk of your car doubles as a deep freeze.
You attended a formal event in your best clothes, your finest jewels and your Sorels.
You can play road hockey on skates.
You can tell the difference between a chipmunk and a squirrel from 300 yards away.
Shoveling the driveway constitutes a great upper body workout.
You know the 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter, and Construction.

Last edited by maine4.us; 02-20-2008 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: omited text...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine