Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 01:56 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times

Advertisements

We will be voting on a simple ballot question with Question 1. However, Question 1 is actually a 30 page law. On Page 28 of that law, it says that children can also possess marijuana. The attorney general has stated this. The present "care givers" are all against it because it will put them out of business. Vote No on 1.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:09 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
They were homeless - didnt quit their jobs

And i like the first comment to the article: "Enough of the propaganda. Once legalized in more states, there will be no reason for this 0.00005% (150 of 300 million) of the population to move to Colorado." (or Maine)

I wouldnt worry. I think it will bring much more good than bad. Think positive!

some poor counties in maine now struggle with drugs ....not just kids..it rips apart families,

and is a social cancer,,,

ive been around for more than 50 yrs...

ive witnessed first hand what drugs can do... including pot/weed

this push to legalize this substance I have a tough time with,,,but it seems to be a religion with folks behind it..

years ago I had some friends that did so called recreational drugs...
and the same people/dealers that were/are dealing heroin also are dealing weed

and....I don't care how many statistics I see/read weed IS a gateway drug

if needed medicinally I have little problem with that.......but we have demonized tobacco smokers as lepers... and pot/weed is being pushed

you don't get a "high" from tobacco.. but you do with weed

so lets make weed more accessible for recreation???

as I have mentioned before I have sent home young adults that came to work high....
I have never sent a tobacco user home because he/she was high

maine is a poor state,,,outside of the populous southern maine,,,,,it is very sparse in rural communities,,,,they struggle,,,,many are poor that try to work 2-3 jobs...

weed is NOT going to help most of maine...

maine just recently made fireworks easier to sell....even with restrictive laws of use???

so... I can buy all these fireworks....... its my right and legal, but once I set them off in my back yard.... is it legal??

what if you are a neighbor of mr fireworks you have two babies and two dogs...that go nuts when they hear the fireworks... is it fair you have to be subjected to this?? even if laws are in place... do people follow them??

the use of weed will affect OTHERS .(like fireworks).. more and more young adults will be driving HIGH
and more poor people will be buying weed they cant afford...
and more and more people will be under the influence of weed/drugs at work.

maybe we can do background checks and "register" the weed being sold....just like they want to do with guns....
lets put that on a ballot and see how much out of state monies come rolling in to support it..

Last edited by mainebrokerman; 10-19-2016 at 03:20 AM..

Old 10-19-2016, 07:10 AM

428 posts, read 554,200 times
If you can find any research from this year that proves homeless people are moving to Colorado due to cannabis legalization I would be interested in reading it.[/quote]

Marijuana Legalization In Colorado: How Recreational Weed Is Attracting People, But Spiking The State

Old 10-19-2016, 10:06 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times
Colorado doubled their fatalities from driving while impaired. Cars do not fly! I don't think anybody wants children to have pot, but very few people know that on Page 28 of the referendum document it says children can possess. I bet fewer than 1 in 1,000 Maine voters will read that 30 page document. Legally it is supposed to be at every polling place on Nov. 8. If everybody reads it, the lines will be very long.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:50 AM

1,453 posts, read 2,203,322 times
First, vote NO, simply because out of state interests are driving that bus for self-gain. They will spend millions to make sure nobody competes with them. Still, the black market will boom.

As to Colorado: ‘Marijuana-Related’ Traffic Deaths (a Quote from FactCheck.org)

The definition of “marijuana-related” in the Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Traffic Area report makes it difficult to draw conclusions from the traffic fatality data, which were drawn from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

In the introduction of its report, the Rocky Mountain HIDTA states that terms such as “marijuana-related” or “tested positive for marijuana” do “not necessarily prove that marijuana was the cause of the incident.” The section on “Impaired Driving” also states that, when it comes to traffic fatalities, “marijuana-related” entails “any time marijuana shows up in the toxicology report [of drivers]. It could be marijuana only or marijuana with other drugs and/or alcohol.”

Now, what you have here is "new" testing, "new" reporting. THC stores in the fatty tissues of the body, unlike alcohol, which is water soluble, and one could test "positive" weeks after ingestion. Sure, they now test for it, so a LOT more shows up. But even the not-often-credible DEA (HIDTA) admits that such traffic deaths may not be related to the ingestion of cannabis.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:20 PM

428 posts, read 554,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineac View Post
Now, what you have here is "new" testing, "new" reporting. THC stores in the fatty tissues of the body, unlike alcohol, which is water soluble, and one could test "positive" weeks after ingestion. Sure, they now test for it, so a LOT more shows up. But even the not-often-credible DEA (HIDTA) admits that such traffic deaths may not be related to the ingestion of cannabis.
Studies are showing that THC stored fatty tissue can be released under "conditions that promote lipolysis" raising the possibility of reintoxication.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2782342/

Old 10-19-2016, 07:42 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,351,327 times
Alcohol is THE gateway drug. Just sayin...

You also get so much medical help from marijuana, and none from tobacco. There are many differences.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:54 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
I thought oxygen is the 'gateway' drug.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:27 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Alcohol is THE gateway drug. Just sayin...

You also get so much medical help from marijuana, and none from tobacco. There are many differences.
Alcohol? Yes indeed, I HIGHLY agree. I myself, when I did drink, I had a tendency to try things, like hard liquor, cocaine and other drugs. Thankfully, I never was "hooked" on drugs. I controlled that. When I smoked marijuana, I was content. Never really wanted to try anything else. Not even wanting a drink of alcohol. Yes, I did drink beer and smoke at times but was only in a "chill" zone. I've seen friends, family and other people do the same while drinking alcohol. Granted, I'm not speaking for everyone, but quite sure there's many more people that agree.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:51 AM

217 posts, read 199,959 times
Being from California and having misspent my youth and well into my adult years smoking "the bud", and a lot of it, I feel legalizing it would make it more available to kids and young adults. They, in turn, can waste away and turn their minds into mush, thereby squandering away the most important parts of their lives and walking around "stupid", just like I did.

25 years ago, there is no way in the world I would've voted NO to legalize marijuana. I would've crawled over broken glass to vote YES! The libertarian in me is still putting up a fight, too! But after finally growing up, having a family and realizing, with great regret, what I COULD HAVE made out of my life without drugs and alcohol, I vote NO, emphatically.

For those adults that smoke pot responsibly, I'm sorry but too bad. It's not worth it to allow you to do so legally when it leaves a trail of young people behind that will have better lives without it, whether they know it now or not. If that makes me "not cool", so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine