Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 06:20 PM

51 posts, read 64,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthetrees View Post
Really any city in the state is going to fit your bill compared to the south. It is like living in a different world here. However I would reconsider wanted to live by a walmart. That just makes me cringe. If you watch sales its way cheaper to get stuff online and other places. I still go there a handful of times a year, however its 35 minutes away to one, and 40 minutes to another. Just make a trip out of it and do something else at the same time. Then again I really enjoy living far away from cities.

Occasionally you will find a small community of very religious Baptists though. This would not fit with cannabis, however I only know of one of these in all of central and midcoast maine.
Maybe 10 miles from a Supercenter would be fine with me (and a Lowe's or a Home Depot would be nice, too). I like big chains when it comes to retail merchandise, and I also like it that Supercenters are open 24 hours. (I just don't support big chain pharmacies where you can't get to know your pharmacist's on more a personal basis. With big pharmacies treating people like numbers, it's time for an overhaul on humanity.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
You won't see the northern lights in southern Maine very often.
That's what I figured, so I'm really interested in finding the most modernized "big town/small city" in Aroostook County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 06:39 PM

375 posts, read 609,852 times
I believe the largest town in Aroostook county is Presque Isle.

//www.city-data.com/city/Presque-Isle-Maine.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presque_Isle,_Maine

City of Presque Isle | Presque Isle, ME |

https://visitmaine.com/places-to-go/.../presque-isle/

Old 10-15-2016, 07:07 PM

I've actually heard good things about Presque Isle, and I like where it's located within the state of Maine, along with its elevation, too.

Now I must see if there is an existing dispensary in Presque Isle.

Old 10-15-2016, 07:36 PM

Hmm, there doesn't seem to be a Maine site listing its dispensaries. . ..

Old 10-15-2016, 08:10 PM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,266 posts, read 1,388,496 times
Do the northern lights even hit northern maine that often? I know its more often than the southern part of the state, but i am assuming it can not be that often.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:38 PM

No, it's not that often--not like more northern latitudes--but it's better than never. I've yet to ever see them. . ..

Old 10-15-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthetrees View Post
Really any city in the state is going to fit your bill compared to the south. It is like living in a different world here. However I would reconsider wanted to live by a walmart. That just makes me cringe. If you watch sales its way cheaper to get stuff online and other places. I still go there a handful of times a year, however its 35 minutes away to one, and 40 minutes to another. Just make a trip out of it and do something else at the same time. Then again I really enjoy living far away from cities.

Occasionally you will find a small community of very religious Baptists though. This would not fit with cannabis, however I only know of one of these in all of central and midcoast maine.
My birth-father was a Southern Baptist preacher so I know all about the evils of organized religion.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:25 PM

605 posts, read 624,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
You won't see the northern lights in southern Maine very often.
You will if you smoke enough pot.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:40 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyn4Maine View Post
Hi, Mainers, I am currently living in the Deep South with little hope of cannabis becoming medicinal in this bass-ackwards region anytime soon. I have a medical condition requiring pharmaceuticals of which are harming me much more than they are helping, and so my last resort is medical cannabis. As such, I would like to know of the more 420-friendly municipalities in your, evidently, truly-fair state. I am looking to move to Maine before the hellish southern heat of next summer.~ Thank You

Sounds like Louisiana haha...

Old 10-16-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Standing View Post
You will if you smoke enough pot.
Hmm, yes, there is a California strain called "Northern Lights".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
Sounds like Louisiana haha...
Actually, the state of Louisiana has a medicinal exception for cannabis, but I think it's just the CBD component alone that that state currently allows, which is quite asinine since it's the ensemble of the whole plant is what's needed for the best healing ratio.

Even "Charlotte's Web", the strain that has virtually no THC (the psychoactive component of cannabis) and is mainly CBD uses the whole plant. They've just bred the THC out of that particular strain so that the other valuable components of the cannabis plant are still available to the kids who would have to live their lives with multiple, uncontrollable seizures on a daily basis were it not for the whole cannabis plant being available to them.

Last edited by Gwyn4Maine; 10-16-2016 at 08:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine