Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 12:15 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,021,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I'm guessing that he doesn't know what sensory joy one can experience simply by opening a jar of Raye's mustard. It has no equal on this planet.
LOL! And true.

Back when I was a young fella, although it only took a few tries to convince me that smoking dope wasn't for me, the crowd I hung with smoked a lot of it. After a while of observing the effects on my buddies, it got so I could generally tell what was 'good stuff' and what wasn't just by the smell of the raw plant and the smell of the smoke...though I suspect that with the sheer number of varieties available now it would be a much more difficult proposition.

I'm thinking that, at some point, we may end up with 'bud' connoisseurs who wax on with eloquent goofiness just like the wine people do now, whole magazines devoted to inflated egos rambling on about various 'qualities' that that require a 'sophisticated' palate (which only the elite possess) to discern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 06:03 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,097,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
LOL! And true.

Back when I was a young fella, although it only took a few tries to convince me that smoking dope wasn't for me,
Grass always increased the intensity of sex, but alcohol dulled it. 45 years ago that was a big thing for me, probably not so much now.

Additionally, I could get really stoned and still function. If I put on a tie, and used redness remover eye drops, I could pretty well function. I had some outrageous interviews with Academic officials stoned. I kept my mouth shut most of the time, nodded and asked questions. I could never have done that with the same level of intoxication using alcohol. That was always a benefit to me back then. But it also sapped my energy and ambition for work. And its this last that was the reason why I almost voted against it.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:07 AM

1,665 posts, read 960,652 times
Quote:
I'm guessing that he doesn't know what sensory joy one can experience simply by opening a jar of Raye's mustard. It has no equal on this planet.
No, don't know. Can be a joy or a bad experience for me. Won't know until I try it. I'm always game for trying new things. And I'm certainly game for leaving this place to get away from Louisiana!! Lol

Old 12-06-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post

Additionally, I could get really stoned and still function. If I put on a tie, and used redness remover eye drops, I could pretty well function. I kept my mouth shut most of the time, nodded and asked questions. I could never have done that with the same level of intoxication using alcohol. That was always a benefit to me back then.
I'm pretty much the same on this. My career prohibits me from partaking. Even though on my days off I could use it to unwind and debrief. Except on vacation, I smoke or consume for a bit and then begin studying for a UA, just in case. At least for a little while I'm not complaining of my back killing me where 2 bones are fused and I could sleep without an internal alarm clock going off every few hours or dreams saturated on events past witnessed/done

Old 12-06-2016, 06:24 AM

16,591 posts, read 15,525,079 times
Quote:
I tried to Rep you, but no way. So here's an open rep for understanding Raye's Mustard!
Raye's is within walking distance. It's simply sensory overload when you walk in the front door while the mill is running in the back. I think it's the only mustard mill like it in the world. They make some amazing varieties, and offer free recipes. Kevin Raye usually volunteers to serve Raye's Mustard salmon sauce at Eastport's Salmon Festival in September.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Raye's is within walking distance. It's simply sensory overload when you walk in the front door while the mill is running in the back. I think it's the only mustard mill like it in the world. They make some amazing varieties, and offer free recipes. Kevin Raye usually volunteers to serve Raye's Mustard salmon sauce at Eastport's Salmon Festival in September.
You guys talking about Rayes sure has me curious. I think I will check them out and make an order. I'm wondering if it has the same sensory overload appeal to me as in when we go visit the Tabasco plant in Avery Island here in Louisiana. The peppers...vinegar...spicy aroma that has my mouth watering for a good duck or hen and sausage gumbo with some hot sauce added. Warms you up on a cold day!

Old 12-06-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Grass always increased the intensity of sex, but alcohol dulled it. 45 years ago that was a big thing for me, probably not so much now.

Additionally, I could get really stoned and still function. If I put on a tie, and used redness remover eye drops, I could pretty well function. I had some outrageous interviews with Academic officials stoned. I kept my mouth shut most of the time, nodded and asked questions. I could never have done that with the same level of intoxication using alcohol. That was always a benefit to me back then. But it also sapped my energy and ambition for work. And its this last that was the reason why I almost voted against it.
I was like that with booze. I used to drink nearly constantly- in the sense of, if my eyes were open I was drinking. Most people didn't know I was a drinker. I was *really* bad in the Army. I was a mean sober. Every now and then I'd go off the booze...and I'd hear the whispers- "Stay away from Xxx Xxxxxxxxx, he's on the wagon again."

Old 12-06-2016, 06:57 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,400,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin5098 View Post
It amazes me that so many have no problem with states nullifying federal laws pertaining to cannabis or "sanctuary cities" yet demand enforcement of federal laws pertaining to abortion, firearms or gay marriage.
I'm for legal weed and I'm very pro 2A but I agree, it's hilarious, gotta love double standards.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
I'm for legal weed and I'm very pro 2A but I agree, it's hilarious, gotta love double standards.
I would generally be in favor of the feds hammering the states on 'weed'...so long as that same hammer was simultaneously used on those states that infringe on the 2A RIGHT enumerated in the Constitution by enacting their own laws, 'rules' and 'regulations' that restrict it.

'Weed' is not explicitly enumerated in the Constitution as a 'right', but the RTKBA *IS*, and therefore should be especially inviolable, as it was intended to be.

(I would, however, argue that 'weed' could/should be incorporated as part of "...life, liberty and pursuit of happiness...")

Last edited by Zymer; 12-07-2016 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Punctuation

Old 12-08-2016, 09:20 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,097,246 times
I really HAVE NO INTENTION OF BUYING ANY at this late stage in my life. Recreational is just for those who have been buying it on the black market, not for the rest of us.

I'm still far more likely to buy a bottle of expensive single malt scotch whiskey than a joint. Times have changed from 50 years ago for me, though some people are the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine