Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 02:02 AM

6 posts, read 22,338 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know about Germaine Lake? is it a nice area of Land? Is the lake Pristine? is there good fishing there? Would it be a good area to purchase land? Thibodeau Brook Subdivision, has anyone heard of this area? any and all info on this area would be great!

Thanks everyone for all your Info!

Last edited by mykel; 12-10-2009 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: misspelled words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 08:53 AM

973 posts, read 2,381,633 times
There are many beautiful lakes in Northern Maine, but I wouldn't place Germaine Lake in that category. It's 3 ft deep in it's deepest part. An arial view shows logging activity totally surrounding the body of water...I refuse to call it a lake! Look at a google map of the area. Long Lake is near Germaine...that's a real lake. There are beaver flowages that are nicer than Germaine. I don't have a dog in the fight, but that's how I see it. The term "waterfront property" is abused in some instances and to my eyes this is a case of it. Definitely visit the land before making any big decisions.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:12 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
As kellysmith has pointed out you really have to visit these developments to see what is going on there. There have been some subdivisions around this part of the state that were shady at best. Houses built in a bog near a lilly pad filled snapping turtle pond called waterfront property. The only thing you are guaranteed in a place like that is a ton of mosquitoes. People bought the lots...now they can't unload the houses they over paid for.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:28 AM

139 posts, read 362,709 times
I've been to Germaine Lake on several occasions. It is barely a lake and more like a big pond. Mostly swampy, and surrounded by potatoe fields with some logging operations around it. It will probably be pretty high in taxes. On the other hand, It could be a nice quiet place to rest your head if your from the city! I personally would love the land there but I'm different!

Old 12-20-2016, 03:11 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,682,072 times
I just ran across this. The beaver dam that controlled the water level in the lake rotted away as all beaver dams eventually do. The most recent Google Earth map is so good that tire tracks show. In a decade or so the poplar and alders will fill in enough to support a beaver colony again and the dam will be rebuilt.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:34 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,079,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
I just ran across this. The beaver dam that controlled the water level in the lake rotted away as all beaver dams eventually do. The most recent Google Earth map is so good that tire tracks show. In a decade or so the poplar and alders will fill in enough to support a beaver colony again and the dam will be rebuilt.
I have plenty of beavers building dams and flooding my land. Come and get them. You can cut the alders off a few acres and have those too, to get them started.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:28 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,682,072 times
We have been making war against the beavers for four centuries here and so far it's a draw.

Old 12-24-2016, 05:51 PM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,266 posts, read 1,388,337 times
I would hardly say draw, i declare it a victory as we are building bigger better dams then they are. They see ours and feel jeleous which is why they are flooding us out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine