U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:54 PM

500 posts, read 459,846 times

Advertisements

Jellybean,

If you want a buyer's agent, try to find one before you locate the property you want to purchase. If you contact a listing agent, have her show you her listing, and then go find a buyer's agent and come back, she might take issue with it. Many would not, but some would.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 04:06 PM

216 posts, read 145,590 times
Well it looks like I found work in Portsmouth New Hampshire so I'll probably rent a house for a year within a 45-minute commute to Portsmouth in Southern Maine while we shop for a house or land

Old 03-25-2017, 05:33 PM

3,293 posts, read 6,117,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexasEngineer View Post
Well it looks like I found work in Portsmouth New Hampshire so I'll probably rent a house for a year within a 45-minute commute to Portsmouth in Southern Maine while we shop for a house or land
Careful about that... You'd wind up having to pay some income tax to Mine.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:14 PM

127 posts, read 129,208 times
Congrats on the Job Houston!

Old 03-25-2017, 07:57 PM

Ya we realize the income tax hit but we need to be residents of Maine to take advantage of the cannabis law for my wife to medicate. Highly concentrated thc and cbd oils are working wonders for her health and Maine appears to be the most liberal as far as cannabis laws go. This along with taking care of my elderly grandma in portland is really our driving factors. I'm actually taking a huge pay cut moving up there along with the increased taxes compared to texas will be a bit of shock for us.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:57 PM

500 posts, read 459,846 times
Don't rule out NH yet.
House adds medical pot qualifiers, backs decriminalization

Old 03-26-2017, 08:31 AM

That's pretty sweet and I look forward to the day all of these states come around and allow for medical or rec marijuana use. I personally never liked marijuana but from my research on the plant it's health and healing benefits are astronomical. The fact that the federal government has kept it a schedule 1 and basically forbids the medical community from laboratory testing on it proves it must be good. When the government tells you that you can't do something then you need to ask first of all does the government actually care for you and your families well being and secondly why would they after all this time keep going after, locking up, and seizing property of people who utilize it.

My wife can take a syringe full of cbd oil and her ruematoid arthritis pain drops to roughly 30% of what it was. She can actually function. Actually since using cbd and thc oils our doctor is amazed at the actual reversal of some of the arthritis damage. We have to medicate in complete secrecy and anonymity due to texasperated laws. We are basically felons in the eyes of our home state. There is a lot to like about texas but this mantra lately of trying to lock everyone up and turn everyone into criminals here with overbearing cops and kick in the door shoot first ask questions later raids for small time marijuana offenders is a joke.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:49 AM

We may buy this first house in Biddeford. it looks like a cheap way to get a decent property that we can fix up slowly over the next year or so while im working. Is Biddeford slowly being gentrified due to high Portland prices and spillover from Portland?

Old 03-31-2017, 08:24 AM

10,191 posts, read 15,927,926 times
You can take the train from Biddeford to Portsmouth if it fits your work schedule.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:38 AM

942 posts, read 2,045,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
You can take the train from Biddeford to Portsmouth if it fits your work schedule.
Negative. Stops in Wells, ME and Dover, NH would be as close to Portsmouth as you would get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or