U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 05:17 PM

86 posts, read 463,857 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about Wadleigh Pond in Lyman Maine? Is it clean and can you(or should you) swim in it? Leaches?? How about fishing and boating? Any info would be appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 04:27 PM

Anybody??? There has to be someone that knows about Lyman out there

Old 02-20-2007, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 13,310 times
Thumbs up Yessah

Wadleigh's POND IS LIKE HEAVEN I LOVE IT THERE IN THE SUMMER I FISH THERE EVERY DAY 4 REAL ONE OF THE BEST PLACES EVER

Old 02-20-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguythayer View Post
Wadleigh's POND IS LIKE HEAVEN I LOVE IT THERE IN THE SUMMER I FISH THERE EVERY DAY 4 REAL ONE OF THE BEST PLACES EVER

Thank you very much for the reply. I thought I was alone here for a while there! hahaha Do you know how shallow it is? I was told it is very shallow. Have you seen people swimming there?
Thanks again for info!

Old 02-27-2007, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 13,310 times
Its Deff Deep In The Middle I Have Seen Ppl Swimin There, I Have One Time When I Feel Out Of The Boat, Lol I Would Deff Love To Live On The Pond Its So Quit Too

Old 04-01-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguythayer View Post
Its Deff Deep In The Middle I Have Seen Ppl Swimin There, I Have One Time When I Feel Out Of The Boat, Lol I Would Deff Love To Live On The Pond Its So Quit Too

Awesome. Thanks for reply!

Old 04-07-2007, 08:59 PM

4 posts, read 22,266 times
Default wadleigh pond (lyman,me) question

Does any one know about the safety of the dam for wadleigh pond near lyman? I have read that the dam may be in need of repair..has it ever flooded there. would you recommend wadleigh as a good healthy lake..good for fishing, boating? thanks for your reply..

Old 04-10-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by open2adventure View Post
Does any one know about the safety of the dam for wadleigh pond near lyman? I have read that the dam may be in need of repair..has it ever flooded there. would you recommend wadleigh as a good healthy lake..good for fishing, boating? thanks for your reply..
Here is what I have found. It is a brown lake (meaning it is a dammed up river with unclear water) I checked on depths through a State site I found. It shows it is very shallow. What part are you looking at? I can check my map if you are looking at a general area to see depths. I don't know about the damn.
fishing is good (from what I've read) I don't know if I'd put too big a boat on the lake due to the shallow depths. The State map says the average depth is 5 feet!! Not very deep. I heard they have a bunch of rowboat and pontoon type boats in the summer. I've also heard they have a fairly deep area where people do ski.
Are you looking at buying there? Any other good lots you have heard of?

Old 04-11-2007, 07:41 AM

4 posts, read 22,266 times
Default Looking for Lakefront Property in Southern ME

Thanks for the reply!

I am looking to buy a small lakefront property in southern Maine. Preferably a four season place, within 2 hours of Salem,Ma. Wadleigh Pond interested me. Also, Shapleigh and Panther Pond areas seem very nice. Would appreciate any referrals of nice quiet areas (for fishing and small boating). Are there any webistes you could recommend for searching?

Thanks again. This is a very helpful website community.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:16 PM

No specific website for info. Just search things like "wadley pond / wadley roberts pond lyman / wadleigh pond lyman etc. etc" change spelling and try adding words to the name. Change search engines and you will get different hits. Google/dogpile/yahoo etc.
Then search things like wadley pond lyman depth, or any other thing you are wondering about like water quality. It takes a while, but it is worth the search.
Of course I was hoping to get some good info on this site. haha

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: