Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:45 AM

35 posts, read 133,352 times

Advertisements

Is there any particular reason somebody would want you to leave the neighborhood? Did you make enemies somehow? I'm just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 06:15 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,188,789 times
Stephen,

There are lots of good people, and I imagine they are all around you. I feel very badly for your encounter with a couple of ignorant types. I hope you will be able to connect with the good ones.

And I am so sorry you lost your friend. I'll say a few prayers (poor as mine are) for you and your home.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:11 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strichmo View Post
(Will this nightmare never end!). While I haven't seen or heard anymore from those two hooligans, I just went to my mailbox. The mail hasn't come yet, but there was a single sheet of white typing paper, folded in half, with the words (apparently a computer printout) in red "Leave, *****". I don't know what any of that means, but I have reported it to the police.

It's almost like someone is deliberately taking away my sense of security; first, my dog; then my car; my money slowly and now my home. I don't know. I'm trying to keep busy, but nothing distracts for long. I can't really read or write; this is so not how I envisioned my life in Maine.

Thanks for all your kind concern; it helps more than anything else.

Stephen
stephen,,,sorry to hear,,,someone is messing with ya,,,
maybe its time to get another dog...maybe a german shepard

Old 03-05-2008, 07:16 PM

474 posts, read 1,417,153 times
So sorry to hear this terrible story! It sounds like since they are teenagers, they were just pulling a prank BUT I've seen crazier things done by teenagers. Did you recognize them? Have you seen them in town? If so, perhaps you could contact their parents? Just an idea.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:08 PM

380 posts, read 1,178,445 times
Geez, Stephen. I hope the cops catch these jerks. If they are targeting others as well, they are probably going to get caught. I think Mainebrokerman is right - maybe you should consider adopting a big scary-looking dog with a scary sounding bark. My big dog is 60 pounds, looks and sounds like he could hurt even the biggest man (and he probably could if he were protecting me), but he is a snuggle boy that wouldn't hurt a fly. Big dogs can still be sweet and sit by you on the couch if you encourage it, but send a message to these hooligans to stay away.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:12 PM

307 posts, read 1,589,241 times
Yes, a dog will defend you to the end if it loves you. We have a large snuggle mutt who scares only bad guys. She knows who feeds and loves her!
I hope the police will have good luck figuring out what is going on for you.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:27 PM

9,414 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Make sure you get photos if there is a next time.

Digital camera is best, especially if it has a telephoto. Otherwise, a $4 throwaway film camera available at any Wal Green etc. will work.

A shotgun is also handy, it's got bark and bite. Learn to use it if you don't already.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:52 AM

8 posts, read 20,241 times
Stephen, sorry to hear more bad news coming from your, but I'm sure they were just some little punks playing a prank and probably had no idea of your recent loss. This just sounds like an ill timed coincidence. As for getting a nice big dog, that sound like that would be a great idea for a couple of reasons. My wife and I have a 70lb French Wire-haired Pointer Griffon, he's a big boy, very gentle when playing with our two year old son. I never worry about him hurting anyone in our family, however, if someone unwanted were to enter the house, it would be all over for them. Big dogs make great home security! As for getting a gun I would have to say don't bother, especially if you've never handled one and don't know how to use it. Again, wishing you good luck, and good times ahead. My wife always says bad things happen in threes... if this is true then your "bad times" are behind you!

Old 03-06-2008, 10:23 AM

281 posts, read 1,054,711 times
....hugs her Smith and Wesson J frame 38 revolver a little closer in her holster next to her belt.

Just refuse to be a victim. It is empowering trust me.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:00 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,364,938 times
If you have firearms, how about showing them the 'talking' end of your pistol/shotgun/rifle while telling them to step off your property.

What part of Maine did this event occur in? Did they appear to be on drugs or anything..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: